Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Godspeed, Rodent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Words cannot describe how sad I am today. For a large chunk of people he was just a name on these forums, but for some of us he was much more than that. Rod was a great person and a great friend whom deserved to see his 24th birthday. Life unfortunately decided otherwise.

I will always miss you. Rest in peace my friend.
Rod was an awesome person to spend my free time on the internet with and a good friend. Rest in peace, buddy.
Not sure how he went, but he will be missed. I knew him if only briefly when I first joined.

I didn't know him but maybe we can organize some event in his honor. Something he would have enjoyed.
I just saw a Skype birthday announcement; Rod would've been 24 today. His Skype status which he had for quite a while actually made me think:
Quote:Everyone wants to do something they can be proud of, that people will remember them by.

Now, I'm don't know if anything we're doing here on Discovery falls under "something to be proud of" (then again, helping to preserve a 15-year-old game, be it through mod development, server administrating, supporting the server with donations, etc, could fall under that; the storytelling aspect of the game could probably qualify too), I think Rod did things that quite a few of the people here will remember him by, and with fond memories only.

We didn't talk much outside of Discovery matters, but we had some good times in the Order|. Even though some stories started by Rod were left unfinished, others are still going on. In the end, it doesn't even matter if a story is finished: it's all about the inspiration and thrill of imagining how it could develop. These are the moments I'm grateful to Prarabdh for.

While Disco (or our time on Disco) may end some day, this place will probably be remembered by many of us. Hopefully, the stories and in-game interactions that we all had with Rod will become some of those good memories about this place.
The F**k.... How come I did not know about this? RIP Rod
Happy birthday bubba. you brilliant brown bastard