Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Member banned, faction warned, faction un-officialed, members warned: Wesker & Co
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Bear with us here, as this has been quite a mess. It is not often when a report takes almost a month to process and the participation and re-voting of the ENTIRE staff team of admins, mods and devheads.
The following actions have been taken:

Members banned:
Faction Officialdom Lost: [RHA]
Faction Warned: SCRA|
Members Warned:

Quote:-- Administrators are obliged:
To develop and safeguard the health of the Discovery Freelancer community, official server, and forums.

5.0 Cheating and Exploits

Consequences:

Due to the complex nature of this sanction, for the sake of transperancy, we are releasing some of the evidence that we are provided with publicly:
05/10/2017 20:53:55 [RHA]RHB-Baroarbunga->: THE UPPER RIGHT
05/10/2017 20:53:59 [RHA]RHB-Baroarbunga->: LEAVE THE LEFT ONE ALONE
05/10/2017 20:54:18 [RHA]RHB-Baroarbunga->: NO
05/10/2017 20:54:22 [RHA]RHB-Baroarbunga->: THE ONE THE BS IS SHOOTING
05/10/2017 20:54:56 [RHA]RHB-Baroarbunga->: IF THE PLATFORMS DO NOT SHOOT
05/10/2017 20:54:58 [RHA]RHB-Baroarbunga->: DO NOT FIRE ON THEM
------
05/10/2017 21:01:37 [RHA]RHB-Baroarbunga->: DO NOT SHOOT
05/10/2017 21:01:40 [RHA]RHB-Baroarbunga->: PLATFORMS THAT ARENT
05/10/2017 21:01:41 [RHA]RHB-Baroarbunga->: SHOOTING

05/10/2017 21:01:02 [RHA]RHB-Nidhogg->: don't shoot platforms which aren't shooting at you
05/10/2017 21:01:34 [RHA]RHB-Nidhogg->: ty
-----
05/10/2017 21:07:09 [RHA]RHB-Nidhogg->: kill only the weaponplatforms which are shooting you

05/10/2017 20:53:37 [RHA]RHB-Jormungand->: DON'T SHOOT PLATFORMS THAT DON'T SHOOT BACK
05/10/2017 20:54:50 [RHA]RHB-Jormungand->: VLAAAAAAAAAAAD
05/10/2017 20:54:55 [RHA]RHB-Jormungand->: STOP SHOOTING PLATFORMS THAT DON'T SHOOT

05/10/2017 20:56:07 [RHA]RHB-Ragnarok->: Don't kill platforms that don't shoot
05/10/2017 20:57:37 [RHA]RHB-Ragnarok->: Don't shoot platform below me

There are many bugs in our mod that are either impossible to, or in the process of, being removed. We as the community hope that our members, especially ones that are considered veterans and -especially- ones that are elevated and responsible for the progression of their respective NPC factions to make the server a better place and make it a fair and interesting environment to partake in. As much as it is physically possible to expect.

What we do not, however, tolerate is the leader of a faction and the members of it to take advantage of such exploits, and even more - to purposefully propagate knowledge of a bug or exploit to other players almost to the point of open hostility if the participants of your side do not follow your instructions.
We, at this point, even now aren't sure why did you believe that a hostile bases weapons platform glitching out and stopping shooting you is a viable strategy during base sieges.

Due to the severity of your antics and the now increased knowledge of this glitch, we had no choice but to outright force a patch that has made platforms indestructible and has potentially completely maimed any future sieges in terms of balance. The cherry on top, however, was that you tried sanctioning a player for METAGAMING of all things, when they reported your actions to the administration team while being a part of your group.

This is by far not the first time you have been a subject of these threads, .
As such, your involvement in the server environment has been removed for 6 months, your server assets are forfeit. This includes your SRP.

This is not the sort of behavior we want to see from our official factions - their leader OR their members. [RHA] has lost its officialdom status.
SCRA is hereby warned, while the other three members have narrowly avoided ending up in the same pants as the above and will for now be warned as we look into logs of past sieges made by RHA.

The future of the destroyed base will be discussed with the base owner, as is the case with all of the POBs you have attacked in the recent past.

Report https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=154156
Report http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=154164
Report http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=154139
Discussion/Vote https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=154227
Hello. Speaking as [LN] Leader here.

This ban has caught a few [LN] shared ships, which I would please ask to be checked and un-banned. Wesker hasn't been part of the faction for a month or so now anyways.

I will edit this post to provide a list of affected ships below when I'm home.

Edit:
This should be it. If I find any other issues I will let you know.

These are done - St.Denis
SCRA| leadership here.

We seem to have lost access to a few of our shared ships as a result of this action. I am prepared to discuss this as needed. Please keep us informed of any evolution to this.

See response in your other Post -St.Denis
BAF| Lead here,

Seems some of our shareds have taken a hit too, similar it seems to [LN] (where Wesker hasn't been a member for a good few months now). I'll compile a list and post it here ASAP

Done - St.Denis
Not only is this "heavy decision Mk II" an awful choice that is arbitrary, unjust, and poorly supported, but now everyone and their mothers' shared ships are being affected. Including mine.
If you want to ban Wesker which I don't think you should, ban the damn IP and leave our ships alone. We don't want your second round of catastrophic decisions ruining the rest of the server.

Feel free to send us a list - St.Denis
I agree Krast.

Post updated with a ship list.

Thanks in advance.
(10-18-2017, 08:50 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]Not only is this "heavy decision Mk II" an awful choice that is arbitrary, unjust, and poorly supported, but now everyone and their mothers' shared ships are being affected. Including mine.
If you want to ban Wesker which I don't think you should, ban the damn IP and leave our ships alone. We don't want your second round of catastrophic decisions ruining the rest of the server.

We do not ban players by their IP address due to many cases of overlap with dynamic IPs, however since the player in question had so many connected accounts, your shareds got hit as well. It is up to you who you share accounts with and if they end up hit, expect your accounts to be affected until we can go through them and unban the shared ones.

If by some reason you think that we like to manually go down a list of 100 ships to unban them, then you might be missing something.
The reported shareds will be unbanned soon, as long as they are/were present in the shiplock requests.
First wave of shared-unbanning done. Please tell me if I missed some. Came across some Aoi ships as well, added those to the list as well.
(10-19-2017, 07:07 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Came across some Aoi ships as well, added those to the list as well.

Thank you sire, I submitted the full list via player request. In any case I will check the accounts once I'm back home.
Seems one of ours has been caught up in this mess. A/)-Myrmidon.1

Done - St.Denis
Pages: 1 2 3