Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: #crash @joining the server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiyo everyone. I will use this asking for some help and for introduction. Name is irrelevant but everyone calls me Korja. Skimmed the net for a space shooter and stumbled across Freelancer. Quick search on Youtube brought up this place. Looks nice but there is a catch, the game insists on crashing after char creation. Says that the connection to the server was lost. Any ideas?
You'll need to provide a character name.
Same as the forum account name; NKorjenic. Brand new char and the sole one on that account.
I had a similar issue. I fixed it by joining the server while in windowed mode and then maximising once I'm safely in.
Read across the board that some problems with running the game might come from a corrupted install, so I did a clean one. Tried with the current and a new account to access the server. Crashes are persistent. Char on the new account is NMjihai.
The server is booting you because you are being flagged as a banned member. To put it simply, the login fingerprint is unique enough that false-hits are near impossible. We are rather disappointed that you did not drop the act once your thread was bumped with a very subtle hint.
Goodbye.