Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Star Wars Galaxies - Legends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stumbled randomly on the status of the SWGemu servers and their whereabouts these days. I was surprised to see that the community made large improvements to the emulation servers and SWG mechanics. I also found a good NGE server, i think it's the most popular among it's type. The server has a working Jump To Lightspeed content (like 99%) as well as the NGE additions.

For those unaware Star Wars Galaxies was an old gem that didn't managed to live through because of SOE's poor business choices. The main "tragedy" among the community was when SOE implemented the CU patch (Combat Upgrade) followed by the NGE (New Game Enhancements) that changed the shape of the game itself.

However, the community made great efforts even after the game was being officially put out of commission by SOE. Efforts that resulted in a lot of fixes, customization, making stuff better where SOE poorly delivered.

I tested both types of SWGemu servers (pre-CU/NGE and Vanilla) and personally liked the NGE better, mostly because I am familiar with more modern MMO-type mechanics. The server I found is called SWG Legends, an NGE one of course, with a lot of content in, a very stable server and a very populated one. There is also an RP aspect of the community which they desire to evolve it into something greater.

Currently I started as a Bounty Hunter and the wave of oldschool sci-fi mmorpgs nostalgia (like Anarchy Online) quickly filled me in. The game is old but aged well. I had quite a blast. Space missions are awesome. An overall high quality server with a lot to offer.

I thought to share you this information in the hope that maybe I might gather some SWG enthusiasts like myself. I will let a link below so you can see more information about the server. If you are interested, give me a shout either in PM or Discord.

Cheers.

Click me !
Starwars galaxies was good back in the day but I couldn't imagine getting back into it now, in my opinion it was a product of it's time and is best left with happy memories.

It was just so good that I'm sure if I played on a private server now I would only be disappointed, better to let it R.I.P and wait for Star Citizen.
I was on Stellabellum like earlier this year but i think it died

Gotta get my pro officer/commando face out and meme on bads
The emulators are very good, and to each their own. It's worth a shot. As I said, I come from Legends and it's very good honestly.