Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sol Event- Discovery Coop Campaign
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi,

as some of you might noticed some time ago about the sol project and it's RP we want to announce some deeper insight with having a slight feedback from the community and even ask for volunteers and factions who'd like being involved.
Of course negative voices were already present while releasing the first aspects of the project, but there were also positive voices.
First things first. May check out our info. The Sol Project has been started and currently contains 3 persons with one being a former discovery dev.

What is it actually? We create a playable side-story (coop-campaign) for discovery which story must not have an impact on the Sirius story. (Belongs to the staff involvement) This means we don't seek to interrupt or alter the work of the story-devs, but will also use evolved content already present within the game.

The Sol DLC is supposed to be a larger-scale coop-experience with the Sol sector to explore, alot things to find out and a nice story to follow.
If this will be released within this mod or has to be released external on a different server belongs to the staff of discovery. Of course, we prefer the first.

What do we want here?
Well first , we need some volunteers for writing ingame story elements. Infocards, datadisks, rumors,...
Secondly, we seek for factions leaders, who would like to see their faction involved in this. Amount of involvement, playing story-archs..., but we also seek individual players.
Thirdly, feel free to give feedback on the basic idea. Post your imagination of a current Sol or what do you think about it in general.

If you want to join, assist, help, donate ingame credits or volunteer give us a call either with a pm, post in this thread or join our discord. https://discord.gg/gb2JU6r
Glad to see you guys popping up again. Just so you know, my interest inRP and ooRP to invest didn't cease. Looking forward to see you around more again. Also I am ready to help you about some stuff like spreading rumors etc. if I find time for it Wink
How will players get there? Because I read about hypergate recently and wasn't excited about it at all.
Don't you mean three players were involved, given that one of them is banned?
Isn't Solar System in technical reach of current tech from Sirius Sector? If I remember right, the jumpdrives from Starlancer were "slow" enough to make it a great deal for warships to cross Solar System in matter of long days, if not weeks. It is pretty likely that the Sleeper Ships used the exact same tech to arrive into Sirius Systems so it cannot really be that far.

Also, it is worth to mention, if believe the FL Nomad Legacy being in 80% reproduction of Freelancer Alpha, there was actual Sirius, meaning the initial idea of Sirius Sector wasn't that far from Sol.

P.S. Freelancer Extended Intro is canon for Discovery. It means that there's nothing much left in Solar System, except for radiation, planetary remains and Pluto.
IIRC it's about 1000 LY from the center of Sirius.
(10-22-2017, 10:12 PM)Chrysalis Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC it's about 1000 LY from the center of Sirius.

While Sirius Sector itself is pretty big. Distance between New London and Ile-de-France was estimated to be roughly around 800 LY.
(10-22-2017, 10:08 PM)Toris Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't Solar System in technical reach of current tech from Sirius Sector? If I remember right, the jumpdrives from Starlancer were "slow" enough to make it a great deal for warships to cross Solar System in matter of long days, if not weeks. It is pretty likely that the Sleeper Ships used the exact same tech to arrive into Sirius Systems so it cannot really be that far.

Also, it is worth to mention, if believe the FL Nomad Legacy being in 80% reproduction of Freelancer Alpha, there was actual Sirius, meaning the initial idea of Sirius Sector wasn't that far from Sol.

Sirius in real life is only 8.6 light years away. Given that in Discovery we can jump drive from star to star, it might stand reasonable that Sol is not outside of the Sirius sector, but rather, rather close inside of it. After all if its only 8.6 light years, that means nomads don't got far to travel from the Dyson sphere to Sol, and that also means they didn't jump that far inside of the Sirius sector either. All it all, humanity might of never even left the Sirius Sector from the very beginning for all we know
I like this idea and wouldn't mind contributing to it in some way, either as part of a faction or just writing or giving ideas.

It really does depend on how it will surface though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5