Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: So many years developing this mod, and PVP is still utter garbage.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Do the Vet package if you've been away for more than a year. Get in-game and actually try it out with an eye for the limitations dished by the game engine.

Hell, I only started complaining about current Jump Drives AFTER I physically used them for a couple hours, and even then, I've come to appreciate them as they are now.
my ping is usually 180-200. its easier to fly caps than snubs. so i learned how to fly caps, its not hard. there are a lot of helpful people here who can teach you everything.
While we appreciate any sort of feedback that would better the mod, after reading your post, I took the liberty to look at your current server assets in order to see why were having this sort of experience. I am not entirely sure, however, how a player with one battleship and one heavy fighter is to provide a completely coherent and unbiased list of suggestions, given that you physically do not have access to more than a fifth of the mod's pvp content in terms of gear.

Before making bold statements in such a demeaning tone, perhaps you should personally re-familiarize yourself with the recent additions to the player arsenal, before making such claims or, even worse, misinformed suggestions. Instead of basing them on input that consists largely of ones other than personal experience.
I would go ahead and say that it's probably enough to get a feel for the pvp. Heavy fighters feel pretty redundant, and have no real perks over picking a LF or VHF. Battleship pvp always looked pathetic, slow moving blocks that can't do much alone. Tbh I think cap pvp was better pre 86, when access to zoom.dll was limited so people were flying cruisers like fighters.

Actually just mentioning that those were the main assets owned by the person explains why they have such a warped perception on FLs PvP .. plz fix HFs.
Oh well,lemme trow 2 cents no one asked for:

1- Looking all the 8309468 ship, weapons, shield and armor types disponible, balance of all seems pretty good for me, overall (some tiny thing here or there, but mostly things i wish in my personal greed than real problems).

2- Ye snub pvp sucks, u need be a real fast handed, sharp-eyed top-notch pc AND connection owner to be on the 20 top list. This dont mean that sucks cuz of balance that much, between VHF things are kinda fair, the skill is the point... the gap between the "bosses" and the poor mortals is biiiig. U have 2 choices: pratice a lot, or give up and go for caps (even if u have reqs for being a snub ace , a good pc and a very good connection, top of that the "natural gifts", but decide u wontpratice that much).

3- If u think you can help somehow, check the tutorials, and try begin meddling w disco, test in a private server, who knows, tomorrow or later u can be helping, but first, check how engine works, its limitations. Hardly you will do any good just guessing. Smile

4- If decide going for caps, Reddy here, myself, Shooter, some more would be glad to help ya grasping basics, and then u go on. Smile
I had a good laugh in the morning tbh.

The TTK and dodging problems are fair points, but the "proposed solutions" are a great meme.
I'm sure people would enjoy dying even faster to aces with your changes suggested. For a role play game where death means 2 hours out I'd say fighting for longer should be the thing. Imagine how fun it would be to die in 5 sec and then have to log out. Currently on average my fights versus average people last for around or less than 5 min in VHF vs VHF.

Please just because you don't like pvp don't ruin it for the rest of us...
Just to note, we are aware with today's server activity, the 2h death requirement will need to be revised relatively soon. Stay tuned.
(10-24-2017, 08:38 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Just to note, we are aware with today's server activity, the 2h death requirement will need to be revised relatively soon. Stay tuned.

Aww yus!! (sun)
(10-23-2017, 10:33 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]You have literal zero experience in Freelancer modding and balance of said feature (TF2 is completely different game) and are throwing suggestions that are simply unachievable or even completely insane/unbalanced as far Freelancer's own engine is concerned.

Pretty much this. What you are describing is a completely different game. If you had a team planning a totally new freelancer mod, that would be a good time to brainstorm about very basic aspects of combat as you are now. For a project that's been developed and fine-tuned for a decade, ground-up changes like this will not be happening, especially since some of the things you mentioned are physically not possible.

Play a little more, get some more combat experience. This game is balanced for experienced players and the learning curve is admittedly steep.
Pages: 1 2 3 4