Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Exo's Guide to Protecting Yourself from Unwanted Jumps in Two Easy Steps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Step i: Recognize a Jump in progress.
[Image: b0SS4gy.png]
A Jump Ship at rest.
[Image: M7ZWRVa.png]
A Jump Ship preparing to execute a Jump. Note the white light. Furthermore, as you can see, if you are within a 15k radius, you will be alerted if the ship initiates the charging process.

Step ii: Get clear or stop the Jump entirely.

The single most effective way of stopping a Jump is to fire a Cruise Disruptor of any type at the offending Jump ship. However, just thrusting/cruising clear works just as well. If you want to stop the Jump, CD it. If you're a bystander, get clear.

NB: with the new rules considering nonconsensual Jumping as a hostile act, players wishing to single out other ships to kidnap have to:
a) Drop 2 lines whilst uncloaked
b) Have clearance in their ID lines to attack the ship

If either of those two conditions are not met, the player in question is breaking the rules and should be informed as such.
Isn't it only nomads that have to drop engagement lines while uncloaked? Re: Buttcloaking marduks vs buttlcloaking valors
Yes, abductions are a hostile act, but do Humans need to give notice while uncloaked? Nomad ID says they must be uncloaked, but afaik no human ID says that
It was applied across the board. Any and all hostile acts must be forewarned in-RP whilst uncloaked, iirc.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Maybe this is just me, but this seems rather surplus to requirement.

It's really common sense to CD the glowing ship cruising right at you, or at least it is for me. You can also replace the jumpdrive audio.
(10-23-2017, 11:53 PM)Exodite Asmodai Wrote: [ -> ]It was applied across the board. Any and all hostile acts must be forewarned in-RP whilst uncloaked, iirc.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You're correct. Non-hostile ships can only jump you out if they got your okay for it. Hostile ships can be jumped out, but the typical minimum of RP has to be done beforehand.