Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Special Regions in Systems WITHOUT NPCs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
can I haz?
Plox? (Have you ever tried fighting in Dublin with all the Molly gunboats?...)
connecticut?
' Wrote:connecticut?

Not all of us have events in Liberty. Probably most of the events are somewhere else than in Liberty...
NPCs are good but their numbers are ridiculous. I am cruising thru omega 5 in my hessian and every 5k sair patrol? Sairs have same problem...

You are sitting in middle of nowhere in center of nothing and you are attacked every few minutes by neverending waves of NPCs.

I think it is time to lower their counts for example for 1/3.
This thread is NOT about NPC Spam in general. Its about keeping NPCs and their laggyness out of fights happening during our events.

And that's why I propose NPC-Free Zones.
' Wrote:This thread is NOT about NPC Spam in general. Its about keeping NPCs and their laggyness out of fights happening during our events.

And that's why I propose NPC-Free Zones.

It is MUCH easier to convince admins to do easier work (lowering whole NPC population) than MUCH harder work (change spawnpoints of NPCs and areas where are they able to fly from original spawnpoint)
' Wrote:connecticut?

Not really. This is made for nice little events, and I wholeheartedly agree. Best example is racetrack in Dublin, constantly swarmed by mollies and sairs, makes racing impossible for some.
I agree that NPCs are getting somewhat out of hand. In just 3 trade lanes yesterday, I was disrupted 8 times by NPCs. Now, I don't think that we need 1/3 of what we have now, but maybe 70% of current levels would make the game focus more on RP. As Kambei said, it is much easier do reduce spawn rates than fly zones.
I hate NPC's.

Besides, less NPC spam may possibly mean less lag. Not sure how big an impact on lag it would make though.

EDIT: This should be a poll.

EDIT Mk. II: Oops, this thread is derailing a bit. Sorry. I'll delete the post contents if you wish, von Gotteshand.
Pages: 1 2