Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: No shield mountable after patch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there!

first I apologies if this is in the wrong section. But I simply couldn't find the right path.

The reason I am posting is because I have lost my shield after this patch and cant seem to have any shield that would being able to mount on my ship. I am on Base Leon in omega 41 and fly the Spartial. It says now it only mounts transporter shields and all the transporter shields that are available (only cl 6) are not mountable. Where do I get a shield that I can mount. I am surprised as usually every base should have a basic shield available that mounts to any ship (even if its a very weak one.) I dont like being stuck in the outer systems with no shield. Smile

as I am already posting I might as well introduce myself.
I am Lissy also known as Dragonheart and a veteran player on HHC. Unfortunately that one is put out of action for a while as it seems. I love role play and try to discover the discovery server. Wink I am German, but have been living in NYC for the last 8 years.
I've got clan experience, but cant be super active anymore as I used to be. Besides that I still love to play 1-2 a weak for a few hours, chat and fight with people. For now I am trying to get all the little hints on the server to know and discover new systems and ships.

Unfortunately, I have to admit for a new player on this server (but experience online player) it doesnt help that Wiki is not up to date. I dont mind flying around and discovering maps and equipment. But as it is based on roleplay it could use some updated information in wiki about fractions, the use of ships and weapons and so on. I tried to read a lot up, but there is just so much, that it can feel very overwhelming. It took me hours of asking around why I get a power outage message...
There is still a lot of questions that couldnt be answered through the outdated wiki, but I guess when I get to know people I might bother some more people with questions. Smile

Right now I just would love to fly with a shield. Smile
I think Spatial is an SHF, thus, he may be using SHF shields. Sadly, I don't know where to buy those shields :|
(10-29-2017, 10:47 AM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]SHFs have a new shield class of their own, purchase on any base that sells any SHF.

All the main shipyards have them and many other bases do as well, I suggest checking FLStat if you can't find a place.

Edit: FLStat
I think Tripoli Shipyard is the closest to where you're at, if you're neutral with the Corsairs.

go to Omicron Theta , Freeport-9 (if you are a Zoner/works in both , being a zon or not) I think you will get you answer there !! Be safe!

and If you are Flying SHF and can't get your SHF shields ?! Dock at whom you are friendlier to ! I am sure you can get your stuffs there!

(or simply dock where they sell SHF)

-------------------------------------------

ooRP

Hello all, I am have max rep. with orbital spa and I fly the orbital OSC Shuttle and my shield's are also missing and I cannot mount anything either. I Left Koel checked bases there all shields are greyed out, I am currently on Planet Baden Baden and I cannot purchase any shields here also. I also had my Firestalker Missile Launcher gone also can all Missile launchers are greyed out too.

Poliwag
Explorer with Orbital Spa and Cruise
OSC Shuttle
The Auxiliary weapons slot had been disabled, so nothing that was used by that slot works any more. This includes Maxim chainguns, mini razors and, afaik, all missiles.
Nope, it still works. You have to use Cruise Disruptor slot for auxiliary weapons.
I stand corrected.

Apologies for the misinformation.