Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Forced IFF for spy factions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Good time of a day,

seriously? It's been a long run since I'd played any spy factions and today I found out I can't droprep the military IFF away from the ship which supposed to be spy. It's never easy around these days, even spies have to fly around with ships equipped with huge neon sign "I'M SPY, HELO ^)".

Is it how it's supposed to be and I've got to drop it or go for some pesky srp for just no-rep\fl rep now?
I've honestly argued that for a long while, but it never really gains traction.

The only realistic way to play a spy is to not have any sort of in-game connections to the spy's faction (in other words, not play a spy) and just claim to be one instead.
Well that sounds increasingly dumb =\
Just run a freelancer IFF. (That's what I do on my Intelligence ships)
Sounds dumb, works very well, though. It's like playing a Wild. You don't play a wild.
Honestly. I would be very interested in having this fixed. But I think the main reason for this was that back in the day, Bounty Hunters had to actually be red to their targets which ended up causing a lot of drama in the cases of LSF ships with No IFF...
(10-31-2017, 09:35 PM)Freeroamer Wrote: [ -> ]Just run a freelancer IFF. (That's what I do on my Intelligence ships)

I can't get that IFF, I wouldn't made the post if I could. The military IFF keeps pushing as prime no matter how hard you drop it.

, ye, I had an interesting idea and dumped my last moneys into that play but seems it won't even lift off to entertain me at all.
Or do what I do:

Make a ship with a freelancer restart and have someone sling you the ID in conn.
I don't think it works anymore, since ID is a roleplaying item. It means that when the guy scans you - what 99% of guys do - you are already exposed and arrested (or even destroyed) on sight. In order to play spy correctly, you'd need to use Freelancer ID and collect evidence in cooperation with X or Y intel faction.
(10-31-2017, 09:44 PM)Exodite Asmodai Wrote: [ -> ]Or do what I do:

Make a ship with a freelancer restart and have someone sling you the ID in conn.

^ that's an idea
Pages: 1 2 3