Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Complaint: This mod + the RP rules and community makes it unplayable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I returned to this mod after many years break.

I've said this in a previous post where I mention that the balance of this mod, in terms of weapons, dmg and such are completely half-assed and broken and creates for long and boring fights.

I asked a friend of mine who was very active about a year back, did tons of RP, he said to steer clear of this mod, since the server had been filled with edgy 14 year olds that has no idea how to RP and just bends the rules in their favor whenever they see fit. I didn't believe him, but in the past few days what he said has been confirmed true.

Thus the combination downright poor weapon balancing (worst case I have ever seen in a game to be honest) and rarely meeting anyone who knows how to RP in a server makes this mod unplayable for me.

I have no idea whatever those in charge of balancing things to make it fun and interesting are thinking, because it's boring and lame.

I'm very sad and disappointed to see that this is what it's become, or maybe it has been like this for a while.

The fights just lasts FOREVER, and you can even purchase armor upgrades TO MAKE THE FIGHTS LAST EVEN LONGER! What are the ones balancing this thinking? This is the worst.

Sorry but I am done with this mod, I had some fun building up my fleet, but the endgame PVP sucks hard (lasts forever) and the RP is ***** (edgy 14 year olds that have no idea how to RP and just RPs as themselves, not as a pilot, but as a kill hungry killing machine with no feelings or emotions)
Bye bye
He said, literally hours after I chose to cyber with lawfuls rather than shjote them.

Bro tip: Space is dangerous.
Actually , the mod is very balanced, and depending on your skill...Fights can last up to either couple of seconds or multiple minutes.

Removing armor upgrades would mean, many insta-kills, much cries, and many ragequits
I wouldn't call fights which last under 5 minutes on usual as that long.

Starts at 0:12, ends at 3:22. That's like 3 minutes for a full regen fight. PvP is fine as it is, you just need to get good at it, friend. (^:
Your more then welcome to leave. This is not Team Fortress two, this is not done on the unreal engine. This is a mod of Freelancer, which in of itself was never even finished to begin with. We got very few mods, and fewer staff, unlike the Corperation major of Valve.

I've checked your posts and most of them is a result of comparing other games to each other which is not something you can do. Freelancer runs on the old Microsoft game engine (not sure what that even is anymore) and not something like Valve or Team Fortress.

To top that, you can't balance something instantly, you need testers, which we the players are. Thats why the bug reports exist, so players themselves can do in, and test things. I'll use this to, I play team fortress two and the Pyro update killed the use of spies and made Pyros overpowered, thats not balance, thats called game breaking, and every game and mod in existence has done game breaking things

Your friend sounds like your standard online youtuber watcher, because calling people children and edgy is something I've seen only done on FPS games, and I can tell you this, that sure as hell ain't an insult, its disrespectful however yes.

You offered ideas that we told you were impossible, and not everyone on earth speaks english as you seem to struggle to comprehend, everyone RP's differently, no one RP's the same and your bashing people that A might not understand english to compose a grand RP post, B may not be mentally stable enough to RP perfectly (I myself am autistic so I struggle yes) or C might only RP to get a point done, which is done every where.

Not every RP will be grand, no one will ever be perfect but thats not your job to tell people if their good or bad at RPing, thats the job of only the staff and the assorted faction leaders when needed. That said, this is not some FPS RP server where everyone knows how everything works, people come and go, I've come and gone several times, and people are always learning to roleplay.

So what if people roleplay dark things? thats kinda what a majority of RP is world wide, not everything is fluffy clouds and rainbows, there is darkness, hate, disrepair and more within the compounds of RP. Discovery prides itself however on being something no other Freelancer mod has been able to accomplish, and thats being an Roleplaying server. The only other server that was anywhere close was Crossfire by SWAT years ago, but has since died off a long time ago

If you want to leave, go ahead and leave, but people here on discovery don't care if you hate us or not, but we care if you enjoy Rping with us. Its your choice to come or go, and try to improve the server. There are those willing to work for free, gaining nothing in return for doing staff work and deving for this mod, unlike the paid servers of Valve.

In the end, you cannot ever compare a Valve owned game like TF2 to Discovery Freelancer, as its impossible, things will be different, there will be changes, there will be game breaking, there will be rule breaking, there will always be hate and joy in any game and their kin servers. If your annoyed about kids RPing poorly, don't go out of your way to start hating and crapping on them, instead offer to help them improve.

Thats all I got to say on this topic..
Have fun.
Might as well lock this before the community tears you a new hole.