Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: About Battlecruisers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A recent series of updates in the game I really liked. Most of all I liked the theme with CODES on the cruiser/battleships.

However, battlecruisers now have too many advantages against the cruiser. Yes, this makes it easier for players on these ships to kill a fast cruiser, but the problem is that this is not a skill - to harden at point-blank range and shoot.

Ie there is no point in such a PvP. It is monotonous. You can, of course, come up with some tactics, but now the cruiser against the battlecruiser 1: 1 can not. My idea is the following: since the Battlecruisers have increased their level of armament, strength, and soon individual shields will be added to them, it will be fair to reduce the speed and agility for these ships by 20%.

At least, the larger the size and strength, the lower the speed, as I understand it. For example, Archer has low firepower for a cruiser, but he is very maneuverable, but Donau has almost twice as much armament, but is inferior to Archer in maneuverability.
Moved to appropriate section.
Rework is about making them worse vs Battleships but better against cruisers
If its working as intended then nothing wrong here

Cruiser > Battleship
Battlecruiser > Cruiser
Battleship > Battlecruiser

However if this allows newbie BC players to kill skilled Cruiser players like without any effort then something can be done
Well, battlecruisers now are so good, that im selling most of mine lol

What can a cruiser do? Keep distance, u faster than the BC, stay away and spend some hs shooting it from 2k
As was killing a BS w a BC before.
(11-05-2017, 05:05 PM)Felipe Wrote: [ -> ]Well, battlecruisers now are so good, that im selling most of mine lol

What can a cruiser do? Keep distance, u faster than the BC, stay away and spend some hs shooting it from 2k

Yes, I, as an experienced player on cruisers know that keeping distance is the key to victory. But just the observance of the distance 2K between the cruiser and battlecruiser leads to the fact that the BC simply uses the cruise, and then beats at point-blank range. But this is not a skill. So I can on my dreadnought cruise to BC.
(11-06-2017, 02:27 AM)Mr.Mike. Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2017, 05:05 PM)Felipe Wrote: [ -> ]Well, battlecruisers now are so good, that im selling most of mine lol

Yes, I, as an experienced player on cruisers know that keeping distance is the key to victory. But just the observance of the distance 2K between the cruiser and battlecruiser leads to the fact that the BC simply uses the cruise, and then beats at point-blank range. But this is not a skill. So I can on my dreadnought cruise to BC.

Bigger caps were always able to cruise up on smaller ones and win that way. BCs were able to do that to cruisers before this patch as well, so nothing changed in that regard. Surely "an experienced player on cruisers" should already know that?
(11-06-2017, 03:37 AM)Giorgi Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2017, 02:27 AM)Mr.Mike. Wrote: [ -> ]

Bigger caps were always able to cruise up on smaller ones and win that way. BCs were able to do that to cruisers before this patch as well, so nothing changed in that regard. Surely "an experienced player on cruisers" should already know that?

+1
Previously, these ships used the cruise only when they realized that they would not lose much. Now even without nanobots, it is very difficult for them to cause significant damage, so they have nothing to lose. A cruiser simply can not fly to the desired distance because of the almost equal to the BC speed.