Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Super Simple .Bat Script For Installing DirectPlay - a.k.a. Fix Freelancer with Win10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I was looking at ModDB and I saw that Disco has a file that was just instructions on how to fix the crash on startup. Why not just give people a script since they are lazy and will end up coming onto the forums to ask why it's not working anyway ^-^

So yeah. Went and made a super simple script that will just install the DirectPlay module. It also works because Windows likes to sometimes install the feature but not fully do it (as some people have seen) when a fix will just be to toggle it on/off. This thing fixes that bug. It takes like 20 seconds-ish to run and then its all done and you can run the game. Simples.
https://mega.nz/#!TsgTzCYa!YVfpqnASl4_OV...moqZKDPT8Q
I like that idea, but let us think a little bit further.

How about we add that .bat to the installer, so people would never get into that problem ever again?
Simple enough to do, but not my call.

Edit: Pretty sure the installer is Inno.
It was brought to my attention I made a small mistake causing it not to work for some. I've fixed it and uploaded a new version of the script that should fix any issue that may occur. Sorry for any inconvenience.