Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junker Salvage Frigate weapons question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The salvage frigate is a transport with access to gunboat weapons - a hybrid ship essentially, it can mount standard transport turrets as well, but it cannot mount the heavy transport weapons, nor am I able to buy the new gunboat missiles anywhere (insufficient rep) to even see if these would be mountable.

Would it be possible to enable it to mount the transport heavy turrets, or the new (silencer and harpoon) missiles? Either one would be good, just to add a bit more variety. Or is this current situation how it was meant to be - for balance reasons?

Apologies if I'm being a bit old and crap, and have missed the relevant info somewhere.
You can try to buy new Gunboat missiles in conn, or if your rep is not good enough there to you can buy them with regular, faction gunboat then transfer to Salvager.
I (and others) haven't been able to buy the new gunboat missiles in Conn since the last update. It's been reported as a bug here.

Most transports can't mount the heavy transport weapons, so maybe the Salvager can't either?
Salvager cannot mount Transport Heavies.
The Salvager is not intended to mount heavy transport weapons. Those are reserved mainly for battletransports and liners. The fact it's the largest cargo hold mining capable ship, in addition to having gunboat turrets should be more than enough.
You come to late boys, when the Heavy Transport turrets got implemented, the Salvager was able to go full with a Heavy Transport loadout xD

That were times.