Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [HF] Notice: Bering gate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As of this moment, the roleplay regarding the salvage of the Bering gate is retconned and now considered by the [HF] to be null and void.

While I personally disagree with the notion that the lore behind the scenario was impossible/implausible, and that the implications were massively overblown (we never attempted to steal or repurpose any technology, only salvage some scrap metal), the community at large clearly disagrees and in the interest of making the [HF] a more accepted entity in Discovery's environment, I'm issuing the above statement and making the following requests:

1. The restoration of the disabled Bering-Hamburg gate in the Bering system OR an alternate explanation for its disappearance.
2. The temporary deactivation of Guadalajara's docking ring until more roleplay on its completion has been executed.
2. The restoration of Dreadnought Ravager in the Vespucci system as a dockable entity until Guadalajara is dockable once again.

- Justin
Scratching my plan to salvage Guadalajara for Super Duper Jump Gate.
[Image: giphy.webp]
I'd rather have RP I dislike remain than have RP retconned. Putting the gate back doesn't just impact you.
Barrier Gate Here, wishing to inform you from our Neutral POV of the fact that several factions have done RP with the removal of Bering>Hamburg. Retconning this invalidates a lot of other Role Play.

BGS| Believe that this level of retconning should not happen, as it negatively impacts many other factions, including the RFP, RM, Junkers,Outcasts, Xenos,Rogues, and Battlegroup Harmony. Thank You.

EDIT: The Liberty Navy, LPI and LSF Too, we forgot the liberty side of this. Apologies.
(11-09-2017, 08:05 PM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rather have RP I dislike remain than have RP retconned. Putting the gate back doesn't just impact you.

If an alternative for it's disappearance other than "The [HF] took it" would be preferable, I'm sure that could be arranged as well.

Edit: OP Updated to reflect this.
(11-09-2017, 08:12 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2017, 08:05 PM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rather have RP I dislike remain than have RP retconned. Putting the gate back doesn't just impact you.

If an alternative for it's disappearance other than "The [HF] took it" would be preferable, I'm sure that could be arranged as well.

Edit: OP Updated to reflect this.

We believe that would be better than simply putting the Gate Back. The Gate being removed/salvaged (Not Necesarily by HF) has been a large part of several RPs, including one we at Barrier Gate were planning to get involved in.

If the gate could remain removed, that would be best.

Thank You!
I cant recall who told me this when I asked, but I'm pretty sure the official explanation for the jumpgate being gone was that Ageira needed to salvage it in order to repair the Hudson one quickly because of that whole "it's going to explode and kill everyone" thing.
(11-09-2017, 08:17 PM)Impyness Wrote: [ -> ]I cant recall who told me this when I asked, but I'm pretty sure the official explanation for the jumpgate being gone was that Ageira needed to salvage it in order to repair the Hudson one quickly because of that whole "it's going to explode and kill everyone" thing.

Yes, that was what we assumed to be official roleplay conducted under official CNS account in yellow leading up to Lib-Rhein war end and peace treaty. We didn't know that year before the "event", somewhere hidden in story threads, HF salvaged it all/parts of it.
EFL is ready to support all your docking ring needs

Smile

Edit:EFL stole it

Edit2: all seriousness I'd like to see some other reason inrp for it's disappearing act? Salvaged by Junkers?(no pls Ageira hates us enough) I rather prefer the idea that it was salvaged by Ageira to complete the other gate.
Pages: 1 2