Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hey everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody I'm Conglomera (Conglo_Mera in-game).
I played Freelancer solo back in 2003 and gave it a second go just a week ago, after beating the campaign again I decided to give a try to the multiplayer mode only to find that it's no more supported... so poking around the web I found the fix to update the servers list and found yours to be the most populated, so I downloaded the mod and here I am !

I'm kinda lost in the game currently and had no interaction so far with other players so I'm basically mining Helium and selling rogues and terrorists to battleship Gettysburg until I hope it gets more interesting.

Additionally I need help with my frame rate that drops dramatically on my old computer when there's too much smoke/particles displayed on screen is there a way to reduce them to vanilla Freelancer levels ? P.S: I disabled ENB it works better but still not optimal.
There are a great many fun things to do on Disco.

I, for one, advise you to look around at various groups for fun things to do.

On one side, there are groups like IMG| who are great for newbies.

On the other, there are groups like, say, [LN] or LPI- who can give you a PvP support network.

5th| holds training sessions quite frequently.

Don't forget to have fun whilst here!
Hello and welcome, Conglomera.

Currently, the easiest way to find interaction and people to play with might be joining a faction. Read about them and see which you'll like and check the chat list in game to see which are the ones playing more around the time you play. I hope some will post here and invite you to play with them, or otherwise individual players will do.

For a while it has been a little hard to find interaction as a loner consistently, but there are still activity centers like New York and Omicron Delta, you could try those places. Also, regular events and activities set up by players and the staff may shift focus of attention at times, a good idea is to read the forums and see what everyone is up to.

I hope someone knowledgeable enough will help you with your technical problem as other than reducing graphic options I know of no solution.
Welcome to Discovery!

I'm glad to see new faces popping in every now and often. Don't be afraid to ask others for help and trust me when i say, there's plenty to do in Discovery.

Once you get a steady income, you can go creative and you find yourself addicted Smile
What makes this place great is Factions, they aren't like clans, but rather Roleplay focused groups, and what makes this place great, is you can join many of those factions, without any limitations of how many you are in currently.
For your first faction, i'd recommend joining Kruger minerals, as Kruger is one of the most active trading factions out there right now, and we are very friendly to newcomers. We can set you up quickly and explain everything you need to know Smile

In the meantime, get yourself familliarised with the server rules and Forums in general.

Also this:
(11-11-2017, 03:06 AM)Sol Wrote: [ -> ]I hope someone knowledgeable enough will help you with your technical problem as other than reducing graphic options I know of no solution.

However if you have questions, feel free to PM me, and i'll gladly answer anything you don't understand Smile
Enjoy your stay!
Oh thank you all for this warm welcome (sun) Looks like I'm gonna love this community Big Grin
& thanks for your tips dudes, currently I've started watching those "Let's Plays" on SDF's YouTube channel and had a bit of reading through the well-stocked tutorial database, hope I'll be able to sort it soon... Right now I've made my first dozen millions in mining so it feels like I'll stick with this activity or should I switch to trading ? Think I'm joining Kruger Minerals since you kindly invited me Vex. Please note that english is like the 4th language for me and it takes me ages to make correct sentences Confused so my apologies in advance if I'm not that talkative in RP, I'll try to do my best though.
See you around !
Welcome to Discovery! Smile
(11-12-2017, 01:18 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to Discovery! Smile
Thank you Sombra Smile

I will now fill the application form to join Kruger watch for it !