Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hidden Phoenix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On the run from the Navy, and trying to get herself clear, atleast for now. She had tried to remain tough, despite being deemed a traitor to one of the four houses. Liberty wanted her dead, shelter with the Chrysanthemums would only go so far. She found permanent safety within the Core. Familiar work yet still, so different. She had protected herself, but now it was time to get herself clear, even if no one would believe her. Eliza had reached out to Alfred Steiner on Nicoles behalf, to which she was thankful. Though she was antsy, nervous. Despite her fears and reservations, she had to start somewhere, and this was the best she had.

She stood, waiting in the hangar bay of Yaren, awaiting the arrival of the Professor. Hopefully he could help her get clear of this whole mess, and she could return to her normal life. For now, she was a soldier of the Core and on the run from the Liberty Navy and it's out of house forces, such as ESRD, atleast she thought they were after her. Nicole did grow impatient, though, but this was due to her nerves being shot by now. "C'mon.. where is he?"
It as nice of Eliza Valdez to inform the Core security not to shoot him. He didn't feel like dying just yet, although that didn't stop them from fireing off a few snide remarks about his old ship. When they finally let him land, he gathered his things for what seemed like the hundredth time and made his way down to the landing deck where he met a younger girl. ''Good day to you madam, could you please tell Nicole Bradley that Professor Steiner has arrived? Or could you please direct me to her.''
"Miss Bradley is this way, please, follow me." She replied, leading the Professor over to the anxious girl. Nicole herself looked somewhat a mess. Despite her well kept appearance, she had a face of worry, fear, and restlessness. She barely had any sleep but atleast with the arrival of Steiner some of her anxiety was put at ease. "Ah.. Professor Steiner, I presume?" She said, greeting the man who had arrived. "Thank you for taking the time to come visit with me, Professor.. I hope your arrival wasn't too bad, given how some of the pilots around here are.." She was indeed different from most Core pilots. She wasn't brash or assertive, but reserved, soft spoken, considerate. She was definitely not from the Omicrons nor a hardened Core pilot, despite being a Gallic war veteran. The young Kusarian smiled, though. "Would you like a drink?"
''No thank you my dear'' he said extending his hand. ''I've been told you have somethings on your mind that you would like to get down on paper. Shall we find ourselves a quiet spot and you can tell me the details?'' he said, hoping for a quiet room some where out of the way.
"Sure, I know a quiet room we can discuss in. Follow me." She said, beckoning to him to follow. She led the man through the halls and corridors until finally in a room, one looking like it was designed for rest, but not often used. She offered him a seat, before sitting down herself. "Anything you need before we begin?" She asked, still slightly nervous.
''Yes'' he said sitting down and producing a sheet of paper, followed by various recording devices. ''This is a legal contract that outlines the details of this interview. You agree that everything you are telling me is, to the best of your knowledge, true. You understand that you don't have to answer any questions you don't want to and that you may stop at anytime. You also understand that what you tell me, will be made public, but if there is something you don't want to be made public, but still want to say, you can have the recorder turned off.'' he said before sliding the sheet to her along with a pen. ''If you agree, please sign your full name at the bottom of the page.''
Nicole leaned up, signing the paper 'Sakura Miyasaki'. "Most everything I say here I will want public. We can begin when you're ready." She said, getting comfortable in her chair, clearing her throat.
He sat forward and pressed a few buttons on his old recorder before pressing the 'record' button and speaking;

''Interview with miss Sakura Miyasaki of the Core. Yaren Base, Omicron Delta system. Time is midday, that being twelve o'clock.'' He paused for a moment before looking at her ''Good day to you'' he smiled ''You wanted this interview at your own request so, what is it that you wish to speak about?''
Nicole took a deep breath. "I wanted to talk about what's been happening, and why I've done the things I've done. I didn't used to be apart of the Core. I used to be an officer of the Liberty Navy's 5th Fleet. One that a few of my superiors said was promising. Had potential. Ironic.. as my original intent was to get myself killed. Obviously, I failed at that. I suppose things were as normal as they could be for a Navy at war for my first couple years, but after my transfer to 5th Fleet, things were, different. People, tactics, general attitude, everything. That became the new normal for me but around my promotion to Lieutenant I began taking note of some strange things. Strange orders, odd behavior from superior officers, to outright disappearances of officers, only to turn up later as if it never happened."

She took a drink of water, collecting her thoughts. "I began to notice these things more and more when I became entangled with a subdivision that I won't reveal for Liberty's security. But in that division, I noticed many things changing around me. When I reached Lieutenant Commander, a lot had changed. Even the Admiral. Then I noticed a few officers had gained disdain for me. One time I was even accused of conspiring with Nomads. I think this went far up the chain, as I was locked in my rank for a lot longer than normal, up until I had resigned even." She paused again, taking a short breath to collect her next thoughts and how to explain them.
He wrote everything down for good measure before responding to what she had to say. ''So why do you think you experienced this and no one else? Family history, discrimination against your parentage? And what do you mean by 'strange orders' exactly?''

He didn't much like this, he didn't trust the Liberty Government but was well aware of their influence, even in Bretonia, even within the University itself. If she was going to spill National secrets, he would need a third party to help him publish the document.
Pages: 1 2