Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Event concept : King of the hill kind of thing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Some of you maybe noticed I created a POB in Sigma 21 recently. The idea behind it was to make a temporary thing to increase activity in Sigma 21, a beautiful system where nothing ever happens despite the presence of planet Saigon everybody wants a piece of.

So, while the intent originally was to lure some people there for a quick siege and get some pews along the way, I'm now starting to think something better could be done out of this.

The idea is to make some sort of King of the hill thing revolving around Kazuno Outpost. Regular pew events would happen and the winning side would "own" the POB until they are defeated in a later event.
No doubt the ownership of the POB would be a major thing to brag about in every bar of Sirius Sector.

Sigma 21 has great potential for something like this. Think about all the factions able to operate there : GMG, Corsairs, Outcasts, KNF, RM, Core, Order, Blood Dragons, Red Hessians...

What do you think? Is that a good idea to gather people and get sustained activity in the area? I'm also interested by Admins point of view about this. Do you think it would be better handled by you guys?
Having a standing focus of attention for many factions and something to battle it out for with all their nice toys is what this place needs. I like this idea and would take part in it.
I like it and would gladly be a part of it.
I did do a KoTH event some time ago which involved a military transport needing to be captured in Omega-3.
Needless to say it was very active due to the ZOI overlap of BAF, RM, SCRA, RHA, etc and ended up showing a large amount of players, who in the end were so many that they even needed a whole thread for the rewards.

I am looking into doing something similar again, but the issue with Sigmas is that even though the ZOI overlaps for a fair amount of factions, none of them are too active.

The kill bonus in the Sigmas and their contested status is still there, but to date only 4 kills have been made throughout the week. While the activity boost for the Sigmas was in good nature, the fact of the matter is that activity breeds activity and these events should be placed in areas with existing playerbase for the maximum coverage not by ingame ZOI, but rather the characters the community tends to have by default.
How about Magellan/Cortez/California then?
Did you just say Sigma-21?

*rage*
>inb4 Golanski comms "WE RAZE STATION, GOODBYE"
the same event should work in cali/magellan/cortez.

pls implement thanks
(11-14-2017, 07:54 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]How about Magellan/Cortez/California then?

Yus +1
Yea, the zoner/order/core pob drama kinda monopolized the attention even though this rheinland/gmg war is a big change lore wise.
Cali would indeed be a good spot for something like this. Though promoting activity where perceived activity is high is kind of a vicious circle, no? What about others areas where local factions struggle to survive?

Special POBs with temporary access as cycling events rewards, housing unique facilities producing shiny toys could be a good replacement for those PVE events where worst enemies suddenly become best friends just because everyone wants loot, perhaps?
Pages: 1 2 3