Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Player!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

Jericho here.

Found this place after coming across some of Sindroms let's play videos on Youtube.

Never played too much Freelancer back in the day, but I'm no stranger to Space sims or roleplaying communities.

I started a little bit of basic money grinding on a 'beginner' restart, but beyond that I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the established lore.

Would be grateful to anyone who'd like to take a new player under their wing and show me the ropes. I'm open to just about any style of gameplay or faction.

Hope to see some of you all in-game.
welcome aboard lad. Make yourself at home
Hi there! Always glad to see new players around. One of the best tips I've heard for starting to learn the lore is to grab a freelancer trader and explore. Don't worry too much about maxing out credits/second. Just trade whats ever is around and read info cards till you feel a bit more comfortable with the server. If you starr feeling a bit lonely, look for factions active in your timezone that look interesting and see about joining them
I've got room to show a rookie around if you want.
(and if you like racing / science / smuggling rp well then... my faction is bestest...est!!!! [The AFC one])

SHAMELESS PLUG
Welcome man, I hope you enjoy it!

P.S Auxesia best faction - should join Wink
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I like Jorge's suggestion, so I'll probably just grab a Freelancer ID and explore around a bit for starters outside the starter system.

n0mnomn0m: I'll keep my eyes open for any Archangels flying around. You all seem like a fun faction.
Hey there Jericho! Glad to see new players around. The future of Discovery lies within you new "generations" after all. If you need info, tips and other things, or just to roll around ingame you can call me. I can Show you the ropes and abduct you into Crayter Republic You should Join IMG| (Independant Miners Guild) and =CR= (Crayter Republic). Both are good factions for some trading with fun convoys and pvp fueled actions respectively.

For those we left behind!