Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New PC, having issues in fixing it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It is connected to the graphics card...
(11-18-2017, 02:42 PM)Sharky!!! Wrote: [ -> ]It is connected to the internal videocard, not the GT 1030, yeah.

Well there's your problem. If there's a dedicated card, I think it's likely it won't display anything on the internal card. What happens if you remove the GT 1030 and boot?
(11-18-2017, 02:52 PM)alphadog Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2017, 02:42 PM)Sharky!!! Wrote: [ -> ]It is connected to the internal videocard, not the GT 1030, yeah.

Well there's your problem. If there's a dedicated card, I think it's likely it won't display anything on the internal card. What happens if you remove the GT 1030 and boot?

1) Nothing.

2) I just connected it to the graphics card. Oddly it gives the very same issue.
VGA to HDMI cables rarely work as they should. I had to refund 7 out of 10 customers and I ceased selling it. Either try a different adapter or change the monitor to something more modern. DVIs and HDMIs are a standard nowdays even in low end screens.
Furthermore, DVI to VGA adapters like this one tend to work better.
Problem is I don't have the money for a modern Monitor. Thats the main issue.
Do you still have your old PC?

If so, remove the video card from it and use that in your new PC until you can afford to buy a new monitor.

The other solution you have already mentioned, use the TV for your PC.
Something I remember from the first time I had to deal with a fresh install on a PC that had both an internal and a dedicated graphics card is that I needed to actually install the geforce experience drivers before it displayed anything.

Hop into your bios to see if there are any configs relating to the default video device and try hooking it up with your internal one first - the video connector coming out of your motherboard. Once you have installed the drivers from their site, you should be able to change back.

From the way you describe it though - are you sure the PC is even posting? Do you hear the windows welcome sound as the thing loads?
(11-19-2017, 08:16 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Something I remember from the first time I had to deal with a fresh install on a PC that had both an internal and a dedicated graphics card is that I needed to actually install the geforce experience drivers before it displayed anything.

Hop into your bios to see if there are any configs relating to the default video device and try hooking it up with your internal one first - the video connector coming out of your motherboard. Once you have installed the drivers from their site, you should be able to change back.

From the way you describe it though - are you sure the PC is even posting? Do you hear the windows welcome sound as the thing loads?

The PC is brand new, it has nothing on it. No Windows, No data. The PC is starting, but the Monitor refuses to.

As for . I had the experience to see my Video Card burned a few years back, when I merged a Pentium 4 processor (current processor) with an Nvidia 8800 GT. I couldn't find the reason for it, but I don't want to risk that again. Thanks for trying to help.

EDIT: Also my old Graphics Card is incredibly outdated.
From what you just wrote, it sounds like you do indeed have a problem with your monitor.

Even if you have a totally new PC with nothing on it, you should be seeing something on your monitor.

I suggest using your TV to get into your BIOS, as Sindroms mentioned and set it to show the post information on start up.

Once you have that happening, hook it back up to your monitor and have another go.

With any sort of luck you *should* at least see the post information.

Failing that, beg/borrow a monitor from a mate and use that to set up your PC.
Does your PC even post?
Does turning it on give you a ''beep''?
Is your PC beeper even installed on your machine so you can diagnose any issues?
Pages: 1 2 3 4