Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New PC, having issues in fixing it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I recently bought a new PC (Today) and I have an issue.

My old Monitor (an Aoc-LM760) does not seem to connect to my new PC (Intel I3, Nvidia GT 1030, 8gb RAM)

I have tried everything from using a VGA/VGA cable to using a VGA/HDMI cable (only the PC has HDMI jack, the Monitor doesn't). It seems that my TV works with the PC, however. I can'y figure out how to solve this on my own.

Please no memes, I am serious here.
Did you actually tell the monitor to use the proper cable once you connected both.
(11-18-2017, 02:29 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]Did you actually tell the monitor to use the proper cable once you connected both.

Connected both ends. Doesn't work. The Monitor gets power, but when starting the PC, the Monitor does not.

EDIT: The PC has VGA, HDMI, and DVI jacks.
You need to tell most monitors which cable they ought to use. Some detect it automatically. some need to be told to.
(11-18-2017, 02:31 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]You need to tell most monitors which cable they ought to use. Some detect it automatically. some need to be told to.

How could I do that.
There's usually buttons on the bottom or side. Where you can change the monitor's settings. I mean. or read the manual.
(11-18-2017, 02:35 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]There's usually buttons on the bottom or side. Where you can change the monitor's settings. I mean. or read the manual.

I have tried that already. If the Monitor does not boot, I can't do anything to it. Except to shut down power or to turn on power using the main button.
Is it possible you're connecting the VGA to the internal videocard instead of the GT 1030? The GT 1030 doesn't seem to have a VGA port.
It is connected to the internal videocard, not the GT 1030, yeah.
If things are setup correctly, then if it's not connected to your graphics card, it won't show anything...
Pages: 1 2 3 4