Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Engaging based on IFF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I own a Pirate IFF FL ID snub, and I was informed by a Navy player that they could engage me at their discretion on account of that IFF.

Is this true?
Hmm I must admit that thus far I have engaged players based on their IFF, but I dont think there should be any haste to it, and to back it up, you also can end up in a sticky situation with the restarts. Last night I flew with a friend that used a restart and his IFF was hostile with the station that shouldn't be, so I think that shouldn't be the case to base your reaction at. Also there were numerous situations where you shoot at the station or a POB or a NPC BS as a station, which results in you being hostile with them until the server restart. And by the time the server is restarted you could get yourself in a fight with the players of that faction, although I am not sure if the IFF changes in that situation and could it be changed so quickly, so pardon me If I am wrong about the last one.
Exodite deliberately chose to fly under Pirate IFF on his LC- ships. IFFs are inRP, Pirate IFFs are not welcome in Liberty and Liberty players can enforce Liberty laws. It's as simple as that.
Associate yourself with scoundrels and get rekt by Liberty finest.

On the other hand, elite criminals such as The Lane Hackers are always few clicks ahead of lawfuls.
(11-20-2017, 11:34 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Exodite deliberately chose to fly under Pirate IFF on his LC- ships. IFFs are inRP, Pirate IFFs are not welcome in Liberty and Liberty players can enforce Liberty laws. It's as simple as that.

I understand what he wanted to say, just wanted to point out that there could be some bugs that are unresolved and that could potentially ruin the game or provoke unwanted arguments and fights between the players with no valid reason at all.
That's all fine and all, but there is a group of certain players that think they are invincible on Freelancer ID while threatening people infront of Manhattan or roam around deliberately with IFFs that don't match their IDs - simply look at the player reputation list, check out what is glowing - that's your IFF. If it doesn't match the ID, use drop-rep. Tell that to any player who seems to have a weird combination of IFF/ID/Ships, they often don't realize it themselves, which is why you will often find Navy/Police IFF Freelancer Transports roaming all around Sirius because those were the very first IDs those players tried and then switched to FL ID.

It's a difference with our veterans, though. While nobody expects anyone here to know everything, the application of common sense should prevent you from sitting infront of Manhattan, threatening characters while having Pirate IFF on Freelancer ID. In general, nobody should think they are invincible infront of Manhattan threatening other players on FL-ID. Yes, I'm refering to you, Toris.

If people deliberately decide to fly with an unlawful IFF, they have to deal with the consequences and implications of that.
In this case, I just want to be sure, I mean, NOT doing something about it would be fairly sketchy.

Thanks for confirming what I hoped was true.
(11-20-2017, 11:50 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]That's all fine and all, but there is a group of certain players that think they are invincible on Freelancer ID while threatening people infront of Manhattan or roam around deliberately with IFFs that don't match their IDs - simply look at the player reputation list, check out what is glowing - that's your IFF. If it doesn't match the ID, use drop-rep. Tell that to any player who seems to have a weird combination of IFF/ID/Ships, they often don't realize it themselves, which is why you will often find Navy/Police IFF Freelancer Transports roaming all around Sirius because those were the very first IDs those players tried and then switched to FL ID.

It's a difference with our veterans, though. While nobody expects anyone here to know everything, the application of common sense should prevent you from sitting infront of Manhattan, threatening characters while having Pirate IFF on Freelancer ID. In general, nobody should think they are invincible infront of Manhattan threatening other players on FL-ID. Yes, I'm refering to you, Toris.

If people deliberately decide to fly with an unlawful IFF, they have to deal with the consequences and implications of that.

Hmm I must agree on what you wrote here, I just hope that new players that misplaced the IFF with the ID and with our references to this, will and would try to change it and do it as soon as they are able. Thanks for your time to respond to these questions. Regards.
Dr. Frank-N-Furter! NOOOOOOOOO!

(Damn it, Janet!)
Pages: 1 2