Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Density of Asteroid Fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Asteroid Fields cause huge problem to Capital Ships that moving through the field. I think density of Asteroid Fields needs to be reduced. Especially the ones in Omega and Omicrons
This will allow Large Fleets to move faster through the Asteroid field. What do you guys think?
(11-20-2017, 03:50 PM)Titan* Wrote: [ -> ]Asteroid Fields cause huge problem to Capital Ships that moving through the field. I think density of Asteroid Fields needs to be reduced. Especially the ones in Omega and Omicrons
This will allow Large Fleets to move faster through the Asteroid field. What do you guys think?

+1
I think the whole point of an asteroid field is to hinder capital ship movement. Given that the Omicrons are cap-heavy, I could see a few select fields having their density reduced a little, although I don't hang around the Omicrons these days, so I'm not exactly aware of the asteroid field layouts.

I like asteroid-dense systems, being that I primarily fly fighters. It should make sense not to chase pirates into fields unless you also have a small vessel made for pursuing - it gives fighter pilots an edge besides having a better cruise speed, from both a lawful and unlawful perspective.

Edit: For the Omicrons though, yeah, I could see a little less density.
Not by alot of course but enough to allow Capital ships move through the asteroid fields.
Asteroid fields should and -must- work as barrier for smaller vessels to get away from Capital Ships. Currently you can stuck every 3-4 second and then you need to write /stuck over 10 times or even you have to stop from cruising to get unstuck. It is very annoying
Gameplay should always be more important than immersion/roleplay. Thus I move forward the motion to make asteroid fields less dense.
I'm against this, simply because there already are tunnels within the asteroid fields which allow for easier capital ship movement.
Which systems have tunnels?
Pretty sure Omegas dont have them
Would be nice to not have to spam /stuck 300times to move 2k. Omicron chi, omicron gamma field. Asteroid field in poole is dense but not dense enough to the point of utter frustration. I vote for all fields to be like poole, An intermediate amount of asteroids
(11-20-2017, 04:32 PM)Titan* Wrote: [ -> ]Which systems have tunnels?

Some of them do.

https://space.discoverygc.com/navmap/#q=Omega-5
https://space.discoverygc.com/navmap/#q=Omega-41
(11-20-2017, 04:32 PM)Titan* Wrote: [ -> ]Which systems have tunnels?

The Omegas have them, but they are strongly in favour for the Corsairs - simply because they have the larger ships. If you follow these tunnels, you can easily reach any other system in the Omegas that are supposed to be visited by Omega capitals. This means Omega-52 and Omega-58 don't have those tunnels and most other systems with asteroid fields have just enough space between the rocks to easily move through them (O-47, O-49, etc)
Pages: 1 2