Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Mining Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Is Uranium used for anything other than selling at a NPC station? Is it used in manufacturing at all?

Danke!
It's required for advanced MOX breeder plant, alongside with Toxic waste
To be
(11-16-2023, 01:14 AM)tommygun209 Wrote: [ -> ]It's required for advanced MOX breeder plant, alongside with Toxic waste

To be specific it's only needed for the advanced recipe for Mox
Ok Tnx to Aingers directions in Discord i managed to obtain the mythical Ore field that was suppose to be in Omega 55
according to the Nav Map (Devs promised to have rectified the problem and will reflect on next update)

The ore field is now in Omega 7 at sector 2C next to Asteroid Miner for those with visual brains like mine i added
a more graphic friendly explanation.

Kind Regards and be Blessed

[Image: O7_Mining_Field]
Please update this guide too. The locations are obsolete.
The Mining Guide Rework is on our to-do list.
(12-22-2023, 08:51 PM)Gabriel Angelos Wrote: [ -> ]Please update this guide too. The locations are obsolete.

I've tried to find mining, and it's more of a good commodity for roleplaying the need for smelting the ore into the tradeable refined versions of the ore, in my humble opinion. Many previous ores don't even exist in fields anymore, and if there are mining locations, they are tiny and compared to the refined materials, the ore sells at fairly low prices at any base (usually it's sold to bases only at default price) but some will sell to specific locations for a small bit better, but not worth the trip of any distance.

I think the new way is far more realistic in the way the game should be played. The refined stuff is far better to ship and move than the ore, and the ore would have lots of slag.

I know that you can get Uranium from the cloud outside of LD-14 and then sell it there, or anywhere, for 13sc. There's a couple of others like that.
(12-22-2023, 09:22 PM)TheKusari Wrote: [ -> ]The Mining Guide Rework is on our to-do list.
I belive as admins and devs are taking too much of "Resting" ... the guides should be ready when updates launches, not too much after, it's been 2 months and we have nothing yet of such updated ... i could say this take time for a game with let's say "4.85" when we have like 150+ systems, but as for how is right now i belive as an admin is kinda doable in few days ... since lot has to change like mining locations, but some were not moved from place ...
For such simply guide i just belive are taking too much time and resting a lot ...
(12-23-2023, 03:28 AM)Tenshi Kuonji Wrote: [ -> ]For such simply guide i just belive are taking too much time and resting a lot

I took it upon myself to re-do the Player Base Guide. That was knocked out in about 4 days, yes. My plan was to stop there. It didn't.

There's numerous other things we need to do aside from guides, which take priority right now. Nothing is stopping the community from pitching in. Feel free to look over this list and submit something.

The "rest" you mentioned is us having stuff to do outside of Freelancer Discovery. Just to let you know, this entire mod is a volunteer-run project. Please keep patient and go enjoy yourself through the holiday season.
(12-23-2023, 03:38 AM)TheKusari Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2023, 03:28 AM)Tenshi Kuonji Wrote: [ -> ]For such simply guide i just belive are taking too much time and resting a lot

I took it upon myself to re-do the Player Base Guide. That was knocked out in about 4 days, yes. My plan was to stop there. It didn't.

There's numerous other things we need to do aside from guides, which take priority right now. Nothing is stopping the community from pitching in. Feel free to look over this list and submit something.

The "rest" you mentioned is us having stuff to do outside of Freelancer Discovery. Just to let you know, this entire mod is a volunteer-run project. Please keep patient and go enjoy yourself through the holiday season.
I know you guys are busy and I very much appriciate all yours good works. What i ask just some locations e.g. copper H1 coronado etc. nothing else...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16