Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Mining Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(03-27-2024, 08:38 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2024, 08:16 PM)L1ght Wrote: [ -> ]Updated, thank you .

There is no point in just updating one aspect of the Tutorial because then you have conflicting information, which can lead to even more confusion

ie:
Quote:Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing A Bretonian mining company that runs most of Bretonia's mining. Specializes in Beryllium, Gold, Beryllium, Uncut Diamonds and Niobium. They have operations in Cambridge, Manchester, Omega-3 and Dublin. BMM can mine the following commodities: Beryllium Ore, Gold Ore, Niobium Ore and Uncut Diamonds

The whole article needs to be worked from the ground upwards and checked with the files on the Desk.

Beryllium doesn't exist.
BMM isn't even mentioned for Uncut Diamonds in the new list.
And Silver isn't even mentioned in the above description (Silver was only added for the previous event, so not even sure it is still active).

Yeah I know, there's changes coming with 5.1 and hopefully with the patch we'll update this entire guide as it's outdated. I updated just that part so peoples effort don't go to waste, plus it was nicely done.
(03-27-2024, 08:44 PM)TheKusari Wrote: [ -> ]There may be changes to mining with the upcoming 5.1 patch.

Once we have more details, we will update the guide.

Are the changes going to be minor tweaks or major changes?
If the latter are we going to get a 'heads up' so we can prepare?
(03-27-2024, 08:44 PM)TheKusari Wrote: [ -> ]There may be changes to mining with the upcoming 5.1 patch.
Once we have more details, we will update the guide.

If not even updated the ship list ... nor telling still "Mining turrets, slots..." ... you are joking me right?
More than a semester for a guide i could be writting in less than a week (and even having to study, doing thesis, and working with still able to fit my time in get some playtime and forum writting) ...
Give me the "Guide Creator Dev" tittle and a "Locked account" if you want with some ability to do it and i will write the guide for you and keep you mainly updated as long as i get a copy of the map updated ...
isn't that hard create a credit free account (locked) so i can do all the guide itself...
I am serious man
(03-27-2024, 08:49 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]Are the changes going to be minor tweaks or major changes?
If the latter are we going to get a 'heads up' so we can prepare?

Unknown at this time (personally speaking)

Once we have better details, we'll try get a guide prepared in the staff subforum and copy it over when 5.1 hits.
We're increasingly porting our tutorials and guides over to the Wiki. I've produced a new mining guide that will work fine until new mining mechanics are introduced.

https://discoverygc.com/wiki2/Mining

I guess this guide is now deprecated, unless people feel like using it for feedback on the Wiki page.
(03-29-2024, 04:03 AM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]We're increasingly porting our tutorials and guides over to the Wiki. I've produced a new mining guide that will work fine until new mining mechanics are introduced.

https://discoverygc.com/wiki2/Mining

I guess this guide is now deprecated, unless people feel like using it for feedback on the Wiki page.

Wait, there's a new wiki? It looks so much more better

Edit: I'm tired...
Updated guide. Note that it's not 100% completed.

Although all the irrelevant and outdated information has been removed. Should make for an easier time finding the details you do need.
(04-05-2024, 03:33 AM)TheKusari Wrote: [ -> ]
Updated guide. Note that it's not 100% completed.
Although all the irrelevant and outdated information has been removed. Should make for an easier time finding the details you do need.

Thanks th gods!!!
altought

In the pst the following ID:
Gammu AI Edge Worlds faction. Can mine the following commodities: Iridium, Iridium Ore, Azurite Gas and Alien Organisms.

have that perk, is possible to add them again?
wow, that looks great. Good job !
AI actually had iridium, xr and azurite bonus not too long ago. Not sure why it was removed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16