Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Mining Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
A miner is a combination of a ship, ID and guns placement, although the latter isn't as important. Serenity and BWT are simply not meant to be self-sustainable transports hence why you got minuscule rates on these.

I suggest you study the two opening posts thoroughly for an easier headstart.
After reading this guide I've tried my hand at mining today, with the default ship (Kestrel), and default equipment and Freelancer ID. I tried Helium (Pennsylvania, C6), but after shooting rock (with my mining turrets) for about 5 minutes in several places in this sector, I did not get a single bit of ore (is helium an ore?).

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.
You need to be in the mining zone itself. Head over to the Mining Buoy

or C5 in Penny ( https://space.discoverygc.com/navmap/#q=Pennsylvania ) - it's a small radius
(04-16-2023, 07:43 PM)tyrannishawk Wrote: [ -> ]After reading this guide I've tried my hand at mining today, with the default ship (Kestrel), and default equipment and Freelancer ID. I tried Helium (Pennsylvania, C6), but after shooting rock (with my mining turrets) for about 5 minutes in several places in this sector, I did not get a single bit of ore (is helium an ore?).

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.

You will also find Navmap very very useful. Click on a system, and hover the pointer over the C5 area in Pennsylvania. It should highlight the minefield.

Also shows wrecks with loot (Red crosses).
(04-16-2023, 07:46 PM)Kauket Wrote: [ -> ]You need to be in the mining zone itself. Head over to the Mining Buoy

or C5 in Penny ( https://space.discoverygc.com/navmap/#q=Pennsylvania ) - it's a small radius

... that was definately what I missed. It isn't very clear from the guide though.
Raba's mounting points are 1,2,5,7,8. I blew up 20 debris to check each hardpoint. Tested in Omnicron Theta for Artifacts.
Just wanted to bump this in the hopes that people would be interested in updating this. I myself don't know enough about what's available from the game's files or FLCompanion and what needs to be "re-discovered" in-game. It might be a good idea to create a google doc and start adding to it with stuff that we find out, but maybe there are more efficient ways.
This is on my list of things to do, hope to have it updated today or tomorrow.
I just tried out my Hegemon Asteroid miner in Dublin. Literally can only mount one mining array in the Disruptor space. That gives it a restricted angle so cannot mine in turret view. In the cockpit view the ore dead in front and to the left cannot be hit. The same applies to my Clydesdale mining ship, and possibly all mining ships - one mining array only in the cruise disruptor. I wonder if the bonus still applies for hits with multiple mining arrays if there were multiple mining arrays.

The storage container is a cool idea, but I wonder if it is needed with a Hegemon. Small ships mining for 5k transports cueing up would welcome it.

There is only one way into Dublin now - the New London one. It is clearly going to be impossible to fly a Barge there. On the plus side, 2500 Gold Ore sells for 62 on Trafalgar and 52 on Planet NL. The ore takes 2 cubic metres of space, not one so at Trafalgar it equates to 3100 old Sirius Credits for 5000 units of ore. Seems these two places are the ONLY places to sell to. No need to truck it to NB to sell.

Can people post here where the new mining fields are?

Dublin
Gold Ore
Now in section 6/7 F.

New York
Scrap Metal - total waste of time. Nowhere to sell.
Sector 3 F
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16