Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Mining Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Pulled this off jammis message on Discord:

Aluminium - Sigma 15
Bonuses: DHC, Kishiro, Kruger

Silver Ore - Omega 55 [freighter only].
Bonuses: DHC, Kruger, BMM, DSE.

Copper - new, Coronado
Bonuses: DSE, IMG.

Gold - Dublin.
Bonuses: BMM, IMG, Mollys, Corsairs.

H3 - S13
Bonuses: GMG, Kishiro, Kruger, Samura.

Moly - Zurich.
Bonuses: DHC, GMS.

Niobium - T23.
Bonuses: IMG, BMM, GMS, Samura

Platinum - Galileo
Bonuses: DSE, Kishiro, Samura.

Diamonds - O11.
Bonuses: DHC, Kruger, IMG, Hessians.

Iridium - Delta
Bonuses: Core, Order, Zoners, Intel

Xeno Relics - Knossos
Bonuses: Core, Order, Zoners, Outcasts, Corsairs, Intel

Azurite Gas - Minor
Bonuses: Core, Order, Zoners, Intel
Spooky Ore- unknown
I found:

Uncut Diamonds
It's still in Omega-11, 6D

Molybdenum Ore
Still in Zurich 4E

And it's good to see the Helium-3 back
It's in Sigma-13, 5G

The new location for Platinum-198 Ore in
Galileo, 4D

Then I want to know where the Frankfurt's Aluminium Ore moved to.
(10-09-2023, 07:06 AM)DSE- Wrote: [ -> ]Can people post here where the new mining fields are?

Dublin
Gold Ore
Now in section 6/7 F.

New York
Scrap Metal - total waste of time. Nowhere to sell.
Sector 3 F

does this mean that if I am a Junker, that means I am a de-facto smuggler? because legitimate ways to make money are no longer available?
Scrap Metal is used in Player Base Scrap Refineries. See here:

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=198664
(10-09-2023, 10:28 AM)Wheel.Rusty Wrote: [ -> ]does this mean that if I am a Junker, that means I am a de-facto smuggler? because legitimate ways to make money are no longer available?

There is literally no mining opportunity for junkers. None. That will tick a few people off. Was this deliberate or an oversight?

They took away the scrap metal field in Frankfurt, which was handy for those players on with low numbers in-game.
(10-09-2023, 08:26 PM)Festus McBoyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2023, 10:28 AM)Wheel.Rusty Wrote: [ -> ]does this mean that if I am a Junker, that means I am a de-facto smuggler? because legitimate ways to make money are no longer available?

There is literally no mining opportunity for junkers. None. That will tick a few people off. Was this deliberate or an oversight?

They took away the scrap metal field in Frankfurt, which was handy for those players on with low numbers in-game.

I'll be looking at scrap buy points shortly. Every scrap field in the game is now viable to mine in, and prices will be calc'd by mining time + travel time at a c/s of about 550.

Once the kinks are worked out, it'll be the most flexibility Junkers have ever had, especially when paired with IFF bonuses on POB scrap modules.
ok, what about ore sellpoints..

Aluminium ore?

Gold ore?
(10-09-2023, 09:46 PM)Trakais Wrote: [ -> ]ok, what about ore sellpoints..

Aluminium ore?

Gold ore?

As I understand it, the sell points are close. As an example Gold ore can be mined in Dublin, and sold to just two NPC bases. Planet New London for 52 NC (New Credits)sand 62 NC at Trafalgar. That is a fair price in that it corresponds to 6200sc/unit at trafalgar in the old currency, but as Gold Ore two units of space. So, 3100sc in the old Sirian Credits (OSC) It's a good price seeing as the PoBs in Dublin buy at 2000 OSC (40 NC today). And don't forget that the return trip to a Dublin PoB brings in supplies for a factory thus making Gold that sells up to 219 NC (21900 Old Credits).
(10-09-2023, 07:06 AM)DSE- Wrote: [ -> ]Can people post here where the new mining fields are?

Dublin
Gold Ore
Now in section 6/7 F.

New York
Scrap Metal - total waste of time. Nowhere to sell.
Sector 3 F

I'm not sure if this was intentional, but the Copper Ore in Coronado is North off the map from NW H-1 at 48039, -1, 50853.

And it seems that Aluminum Ore is in Sigma-15 now at NW H-8.

Helium-3 is now at Sigma-13, NW G-5.

(10-09-2023, 09:56 AM)Demonic Wrote: [ -> ]Pulled this off jammis message on Discord:

good list
So where should they be transported to be sold? I find the last version is completely different from now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16