Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Core/APM || From: Garrus Hendrix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: HIGH

[Image: BKjLJPP.gif]

:::ACCESS GRANTED:::
FINALIZING IDENTIFICATION PROCESS ... PLEASE WAIT ...

• »»» Location: Haven
  • »»» Sender ID: Garrus Hendrix
  • »»» Recipient ID: The Core / APM Manufacturing
  • »»» Subject: Ship repairs

To whom it my concern,

my name is Garrus Hendrix, one of the Knight Captains of the Forlorn Hope. I'm contacting you to ask for assistance with a Libertonian vessel that my engineers don't have knowledge of. You see, I acquired two "Guardian" class Fighters, one of them is standard Navy/Intelligence grade fighter, the other one is a useless surplus product. The surplus one is of little use to me and I only needed it for spare parts, though it turns out that those parts aren't compatible with the slightly older version of my Guardian.

Due to the recent events in Liberty, I might not be able to request a hangar and engineers for my personal ship. The war they're fighting is too demanding. I have seen some of your people flying with Libertonian ships and am now approaching you for help with the repairs of my ship. I had a run in with a group of fighters that have damaged my ship severely. Are your engineers capable of repairing the ship? If so I'm willing to pay for the repairs, either with money, goods or even information, just name your price.

I hope we are able to 'exchange favors'. Hendrix out

Yours sincerely,
Knight Captain Hendrix
The Forlorn Hope

CLOSING TRANSMISSION

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: Live]:::

ID: Martin McKinsey
Subject: Ship repairs
ENCRYPTION: APM-Standard

Good evening Mr. Hendrix,

it is an all time pleasure hearing from the Forlorn Hope - our common ventures have been quite promising so far. As I told Mr. Stenn earlier this year, AP Manufacturing would wish to further entertain prospects in regard to your organization - if the underlying thoughts accord, that is.

To the matter at hand, perhaps we can indeed offer our assistance with the repairs on your craft. Then again, I am a wee bit curious about why you prefer a humble Edge World corporation over a genuine supplier, such as DSE? By no means do I intend to dissuade you from trusting our services with your precious machines, however I do need to asses proper security measures before agreeing to take a house navy vessel apart.

Please feel free to bring both of the above mentioned BDR-804 units to Dagger Outpost in Omega 55 - our technicians can examine the damage at maintenance dock C. I believe we will be able to agree on a fair arrangement by ten.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

-M.McKinsey
CEO, AP Manufacturing

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: MEDIUM

• »»» Recipient ID: Martin McKinsey

Mister McKinsey,

it's good to hear from you so soon. It is good to hear that your organization is able to help me out.
As for the reasons I contacted you, is that I have some questions and a request that the Libertonian manufacturers may not be able to answer or simply deny answering my questions. As far as the requests go, they can't provide the goods I want.

I'll try make it more clear, I do need someone to 'train' my own technicians how to maintain the ship. Since I don't want to rely on other companies too much and feared, that the Libertonian corporations might just deny this request, I came to the decision to ask you for help. As you already mentioned, this might be a good opportunity to further our relationship and even provide knowledge or work on joint projects.

Secondly, I was always looking at your weapons and considered getting a batch of LB42 "Reaver Mk II" guns and figured we might able combine those two projects. I'm hereby also asking for a set three (3) LB42 Reavers guns and a single LT41 Reaver turret. The reason I'm combining those two 'projects' is, that I need help to configure the guns for my Guardian. It probably wouldn't be too troublesome for my people If I hadn't had to get a powercell from the IRG to replace the original, damaged powercore.

Which leads to my third 'request', additional help with the installation of the cell and adjusting the ship to the new power source. A proper harmonization between the weapons, core, shields and internal equipment might be hard to achieve without the help of a trained team that has the knowledge of the ship in question.

If those 'favors' are acceptable, I'd prepare our Carrier to transport the ship, me and three of my technicians to Dagger Station immediately. In exchange I'm willing to offer you what ever you want, if I have the authorization from my colleagues, that is.

On a side note, my technicians already took the surplus Guardian apart and replace some of the higher quality internals of the damaged ship. Therefore the second Guardian is only available in pieces, since my crew didn't have had the time to reconstruct the Guardian again. I hope this is not going to be a problem.

I'll await your reply. Hendrix out

Yours sincerely,
Knight Captain Hendrix
The Forlorn Hope

CLOSING TRANSMISSION

:::[VIDEO FEED: Live]:::

ID: Martin McKinsey
Subject: Ship repairs
ENCRYPTION: INVINCIBLE

Good morning Mr. Hendrix,

thank you for clarification. I am switching the encryption protocol to a more private one i f you do not mind, considering the insight provided. You are full of surprises captain, that I must give you.

To begin with, we will be happy to provide the AP-Line equipment you ask further to the repair per se, as both the guns and the turrets are standard issue items, available at Dagger Outpost. The complete set comprised of three LB42 Laser Cannons will be added to the final bill - the corresponding turret is included gratis, in accord with our AP-Line store policy; installation being free of charge.

In regard to the power call calibration, I must admit that is a curiously long way to go for repairing a fighter craft - a fairly costly one on top if it. Then again, being far from giving any sort of financial advice as I am, I trust it will serve the purpose you intend for it. In any case, I believe it can be done. Just as proverbial Rome, it will take more then one day to wrap up the project since at least three tech-cells require proper adjustment to operate efficiently.

Our engineers need to asses the degree in which parts are compatible do begin with. While as far as our knowledge is concerned, the original design of BDR-804 follows the line of DSE-typical modular construction, featuring easily interchangeable components, the ingenuus power cells are known to be unitary in concept. The assigned maintenance crews shall conduct all the testing required on site. As soon as the math around it done, actual refit can commence. Our men will be happy to brief your technicians on the ins and outs of this combine once the craft is seaworthy.

After crunching the numbers, AP Sales have drawn up an estimate amounting to 25.000.000 S.C. for the maintenance as it presents itself thus far, payable upon completion - your purchase included. If there is anything more we should know, now would be the time to tell, Mr. Hendrix. Otherwise we are awaiting your arrival in Omega-55 at your convenience.

-M.McKinsey
CEO, AP Manufacturing

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: INVINCIBLE

Mister McKinsey,

since we're on a more secure line now, I do have more to tell you. Even more surprises if you want. Anyways, about the Guardian. The one that needs repairs is technically not allowed in Liberty. We did get it from friends within the LSF though we don't have a license for it. That's why I have the Surplus Guardian.

We knew from the start on, that we shouldn't contact the Libertonian Corporations for assistance in this matter. How'd they react when they found out it was an illegal ship? We also did not take the risk for to tell the government about the Guardian, instead we filed a Surplus request to get our hands on a legal ship with a chassis number that is legal.

Therefor I might have a question, since I'm playing with open cards now. Your organization construct ships, am I right, so I suppose you have the technology to change the digital and scanable serial number of a chassis, am I correct in that assumption? If so, I'd humbly ask if it would be possible to change the chassis numbers, if not, then I have to look for help somewhere else concerning the matter with the numbers.

If you accept however, I am going to double the payment, 50 million credits. I know that this is not something you'd expected when I initially contacted you but I do hope you might be able to help me. The payment includes additional money for the services and a bonus for, hopefully keeping this matter a secret between me, you and your men.

I'm sorry I did not mention it earlier, I am just a bit more careful in this matter. Hendrix out.

[Image: bdPNNCO.gif]
Yours sincerely,
Knight Captain Hendrix
The Forlorn Hope

CLOSING TRANSMISSION

:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

»ID: Martin McKinsey
»Location: Alabama Shipyard, Omicron Rho
»Subject: Ship repairs
»ENCRYPTION: INVINCIBLE

Good morning Captain,

to be perfectly frank, I have expected nothing other ever since your evasive reply in regard to mainstream suppliers. Thus I am glad we have found ourselves on the same page and chose to trust one another - it certainly puts my mind at ease.

To sum up, we have a hot LSF fighter craft, with a legitimate donor twin and we want to make the first one pass as the latter with some high profile customization done to its entrails. Copyright infringement would indeed become an issue would you have tried to conduct such an operation within house space. However, at Dagger Outpost we are not in Liberty and in fact far enough from its jurisdiction to put on a more visionary perspective.

Though swapping the codes is an arduous task, it is possible. Once complete your ship will officially become its surplus counterpart and pop up as such in the military sales records when encountered by Liberty law enforcement. As long as no one pays too much attention to the outfit details, you are sure to pass muster. Bare in mind though that once refitted in accord with your wishes, your guardian will resemble its legitimate twin on a merely superficial layer. Replacing the power cell alone for a third party piece is rendered a violation of DSE and LN intellectual property without the proper permits to back it up - not to mention other, less obvious yet non the less substantial modifications to the original ship systems. Therefore I would advise to avoid spotlight while flying through Liberty.

Perhaps there are ways of coping with this inconvenience - but those are beyond the reach of AP Manufacturing, at least at present, as we are but engineers, not hackers.

The pricing you propose for the complete project, viz. refit, armament and ID swap is acceptable, as is the discrete nature of this project per se. Please let me know when to expect your arrival in Omega-55. May I assume the bag of surprises has now been emptied?

-M.McKinsey
CEO, AP Manufacturing

[Image: rZTDCWQ.png]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: INVINCIBLE

Mister McKinsey,

I'm glad to receive your answer. You summed up the current status pretty well. As for the more 'surprises', no, there aren't more. At least none that I'm aware of. The only 'surprise' that could happen at this point, is if we start to tear the ship apart and find some dead animal or something.

Anyways, as for our estimated time of arrival, we already prepared our Carrier and are already on our way to Dagger station. Therefor, expect us in a timely manner. Or more like the next 20 hours. I'm looking forward to meet you and your crew Mister McKinsey and I hope we don't run into too many problems during the refit and customization of the vessel. If we run into some unexpected problems during the refit that need additional funds, I'm taking the liberty to pay for those extra fees.

I hope our Carrier is going to be able to reach Daggerstation without getting stuck in an asteroid field. Hendrix out.

[Image: bdPNNCO.gif]
Yours sincerely,
Knight Captain Hendrix
The Forlorn Hope

CLOSING TRANSMISSION