Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Music Consistency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Each region in this game has consistent background music with little variation, apart from the Nomicrons. For example, each house or borderworld region has around 3-4 distinct tracks. 1 for the general background, 1 for danger, 1 for battle, and 1 that could be on any of these slots.

The Nomicrons seem to differ from this formula. While this puts more individuality in the systems, I fail to see the consistency when the devs keep switching the tracks of these systems with one another.

Thus, I have decided to ask you what you think. Should the Nomad Worlds have consistent tracks, or should they continue on their current path of differentiation?
If everyone are to enjoy the music, which can be one of the reasons the player is in the said faction, then the Nomies should have the same. Now there may be a specific reason why they do not posses any of the tracks, but I agree with you that they should implement such.
As the reference I will add this to the reply. I think it gives more epic-ness to the border worlds. Maybe not this one for the regular track but perhaps for the danger close situations. Well any kind of semi opera would sound superb to me.

Fair well my friend, and thanks for the idea, I think there was some similar thread earlier, but its nice to see it back.
Nice music. Unfotunately, in order for it to fit with other Freelancer tracks, it needs matching music for it to fit in to a system. If you can find some, that would increase the chances of it being used.
Uhm I'll think about it and let you know tomorrow perhaps, If I catch the time. But I''ll surely try.
I remember finding an extremely cool track in Disco FL files named "no_space". Was surprised it wasn't used in the game itself though. I hope I just missed it.
The main reason for the Nomicrons using campaign music is because the Order, Nomads and most of the Nomicrons appeared almost exclusively in the SP campaign. They also tend to be more unique compared to each other (Delta and Iota don't look like normal Edge Nebula systems for example, whereas the Taus are all normal looking and clearly in the Barrier.) Campaign music is also used for special systems like Drake and Omega-58 and certain zones within systems like race tracks.

(11-21-2017, 09:43 PM)Ayasato Mei Wrote: [ -> ]I remember finding an extremely cool track in Disco FL files named "no_space". Was surprised it wasn't used in the game itself though. I hope I just missed it.

Check out Omicron Kappa.
(11-21-2017, 09:54 PM)Xalrok Wrote: [ -> ]Check out Omicron Kappa.

Totally missed it then.

Also thanks for the answer, was wondering myself too. I like the choice of music in those systems though.
You want a example of consistency? Go to Gallia. Languedoc, Orleanais, and Ile-de-France all have different (but amazing) themes. Then you reach Bugundy. Which reuses the Final song from the Vanilla campaign, it's loud, it's short, and it really doesn't fit the system. it's the one system I need to turn the Music off when I go there, and it does irritate me that I need to do that. Because I do love the Soundtrack of both Vanilla and Discovery versions, but the choice made on that system utterly confuses me.

I miss the 8-bit music Kappa had for a few days as a meme.