Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Forum Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an idea for the forums, not sure if it was discussed before but I will love it on the forums.

So you read something and someone posts a good reply to that person, and you like his reply or post, but there is no like button. (And there where many times I wished for that Like button while reading some post.)

Same as you disagree with someone then you just hit the dislike button. (Same here there is always that 1 post no one seems to agree with)

Like a thumbs up or Thumbs down, and you can see how many people and who have liked or disliked that comment or post or reply, I think it will make things more interesting and entertaining.

What do you think?
I think this would just dumb down discussions to Facebook-esque point scoring. Also, I can see the organised disliking from groups working to put someone down.

Things are better as is.
(11-22-2017, 08:29 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]I think this would just dumb down discussions to Facebook-esque point scoring. Also, I can see the organised disliking from groups working to put someone down.

Things are better as is.

Liked.
(11-22-2017, 08:24 PM)Ace Walker Wrote: [ -> ]I have an idea for the forums, not sure if it was discussed before but I will love it on the forums.

So you read something and someone posts a good reply to that person, and you like his reply or post, but there is no like button. (And there where many times I wished for that Like button while reading some post.)

Same as you disagree with someone then you just hit the dislike button. (Same here there is always that 1 post no one seems to agree with)

Like a thumbs up or Thumbs down, and you can see how many people and who have liked or disliked that comment or post or reply, I think it will make things more interesting and entertaining.

What do you think?

If you like a post of someone in the ooRP section, just +1 it in the same thread as many people do. If you like a specific post or thread in the inRP section, just give the author a Kudos for it. Or a kiss.
If I ever finish the new forum, there's facepunch style ratings support integrated into it, like this on FP
[Image: 0bCkCmb.png]

I've not been primarily working on this forum for discovery, but eventually if mybb keeps getting worse and worse over time as it already does, it might be a solution.
(11-22-2017, 08:29 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]I think this would just dumb down discussions to Facebook-esque point scoring. Also, I can see the organised disliking from groups working to put someone down.

Things are better as is.

[Image: dislike_facebook-100627022-large.jpg]

Things are better as is.

Nothing more to add here.