Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The IRG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: UMPXT6B.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID:Keeper Leviathan
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Absolute
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: Medium
FREQUENCY: ANDRASTE
DELAY: N/A
TOPIC: A proposal

____

Director Erzie,

In the past we had offered to share space with the Ingenuus Research Group at one of our now-minor outposts in the independent worlds. Unfortunately this offer did not gain any traction due to the constantly shifting situation in the Omicrons, and the sudden disappearance of Finn. Now, I come to you with a similar proposal, but one that's much more beneficial to the both of us.

Auxesia is about to open the doors of its first legitimate settlement. It has been a heavy project under extreme secrecy since earlier this year, and I'm pleased to see that it's nearly completed. Having units that require no breaks and can work around the clock is rather beneficial, don't you think? Nevertheless, I would like to offer the IRG a tower, including lab facilities, access to public transit and private landing pads, within the heart of what we are calling Ismara. Naturally, the laws and regulations of our society and the scrutiny of the Military Police would be involved, but as you're aware, scientific endeavor and discovery is something we enjoy.

We'd be honored to work more closely with you. If you're interested, I can provide additional details and a time frame of when things will be accessible.

- Leviathan

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
[Image: ZFE4gFw.gif]

-_-_-_-_-: Secure Channel Open :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Encryption Level 5 :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Sender: Dr. James Erzie :-_-_-_-_-

Leviathan,
Your offer is so enticing I feel there is a catch. Seeing our technology closer, reverse engineering, development intel on new projects; which is it? Perhaps just credits. I suppose we can spare some from all the Azurite we sold you, if you require it. In all seriousness, we would gladly take your offer if there is no such catch. Finn has an affinity for research on the move, hence his use of the Feanturi. Though capable for his needs, I much prefer something a bit more stationary so that I can harness the resources to manufacture. After all, discovering new technology is only half of it, there's a high potential for profit with new discoveries.

The involvement of your "Military Police" is my main concern. We'd rather not work in such conditions that would allow nearly open view to our endeavors. Perhaps an audit system may be allowed so that information can be more securely shared. It isn't that we wish to withhold information from you, it's that we expect a level of information security within our work. If a lone individual were to be able to simply knock and enter, we may not be able to give an accurate account of our work in that moment. It would be preferable if either yourself, or others in your level of professionalism and command were to give us even short-notice prior to any scrutiny or inspection. I'd have great pleasure in making displays of our current projects, rather than have our privacy invaded. A "science fair" if you will.

If you are willing to compromise on this point, and ensure we both have the level of safety, security, and freedom we desire, then we would happily join your settlement. I do have one other request if we do move forward with this offer: Please do not make it public knowledge that we are there. We would be willing to take on the guise of being "specially selected scientists" rather than our official title. This will ensure our marketing sees no bias and remains effective without controversy.

On a side note, I do hope you and the high command are well. We both know the Omicrons are a hellhole at the moment, and your contributions have not gone unnoticed.

Best of luck to you,
Dr. James Erzie
Director, Acting CEO
Ingenuus Research Group

[Image: UMPXT6B.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID:Keeper Leviathan
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Absolute
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: Medium
FREQUENCY: ANDRASTE
DELAY: N/A
TOPIC: A proposal

____

Director Erzie,

The Military Police are not entitled to enter without probable cause or order from the Inner Phalanx. They are like any other law enforcement division, but with much more advanced and heavy hardware to combat domestic threats and crime situations, and are to adhere to the same standards - if not higher standards than that of the House Police forces. Our society is very closed, thus crime is rarely an issue, and you can rest assured that they will not come to harass or hinder your research, as hindering such would be against what we stand for. The freedom to study and research whatever is something we pride ourselves in. Of course it goes without saying that dangerous research should be kept to specific testing sites for safety purposes of the civilian populace, and certain topics such as genetic changes, cloning and other otherwise considered unethical experimenting should be kept to an informal minimum to avoid public distrust from the other locals. The rest of Sirius may frown upon tampering with nature.

With this in mind, we have no issue with hiding your presence under a false conglomerate or special division of R&D, though the district you would be assigned to is considered public and restricted, as it borders Sparta, thus security for yourselves won't be an issue, and your privacy will not be invaded. We in turn expect our privacy and the restricted areas to be respected. Everyone has secrets that they like to keep.

- Leviathan

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
[Image: ZFE4gFw.gif]

-_-_-_-_-: Secure Channel Open :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Encryption Level 5 :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Sender: Dr. James Erzie :-_-_-_-_-

Leviathan,
Such an agreement is acceptable. I look forward to seeing the fruition of this, and hopefully we can see even greater things come out of this... A Dyson sphere perhaps, or should we dream a little bigger?

We will use the terms previously stated, trusting you will uphold your standards with great pride. We will in turn, uphold our highest standards and deliver the discoveries of tomorrow, today.

Best of luck to you,
Dr. James Erzie
Director, Acting CEO
Ingenuus Research Group