Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Model Request] Core Heavy Battleship - MEGALODON | Paying in Credits, Sci-Data, Soul
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
i still think it would be better with 3 built-in missile silo system

[Image: EP3WOg.png]
As said in Skype, any slight amount of lag would just render those slots/turrets absolutely useless because they wouldn't track anything.
Thus, any missile weapons on any ships should have the same right of existence as what Titan suggested.
So I've got a few things that I wanted to bring up that I thought about while being unable to sleep.

Of the five major Omicron-based factions (Core, Order, Outcasts, Corsairs, Nomads) The two with Dreadnoughts are the Hispanic ones. The Nomads lost the tanky Marduk when the model was changed to a more nimble, weird medium thing with tentacles. I'm all for factions getting something they put work towards. Genuine, quality effort with no serious roadblocks is a nice thing. So what I'd like to know is: Does the Core have any roleplay backing the design of this ship?

Second, even with the darkened textures, the ship still just doesn't look like it belongs to The Core. In comparison to the other ships of the AP capital line such as the Thresher, Bullhead and Mako, the silhouette isn't the same. It does't look like it's from the same manufacturer at all barring the materials and the paint job. In fact the top front portion - the bridge of the nose of the ship to be specific, looks a little derivative of the Thebes that got smashed together with an elongated Bullhead for a face. It lacks the sleek style that the Core shipline has, and the engines just seem... Odd. Not odd in a bad way, but an interesting design given the Mako's propulsion system. You would think a manufacturer would make use of a similar design, but it's okayish. The whole thing in general needs more black.

Thirdly, the unfortunate thing about adding a ship like this is it puts other factions at a disadvantage in the area in terms of PvP. As I said above, I'm all for factions getting nice things, even if it's at the unfortunate expense of other groups, but SOLELY if they put in a good amount of effort and invested in its production. Not just paying the person to model the ship, but doing the R&D work, the field work, the development work, the prototype and test work, the logistical grunt work - all of it.

With the above said, I hope to see something come from this so i can steal one for aux fly one as an indie.
order should get a dread too. to balance out power disadvantage
(02-09-2018, 07:11 PM)Reddy Wrote: [ -> ]order should get a dread too. to balance out power disadvantage

Neither group should get anything without an appropriate amount of work to justify it.
(02-09-2018, 06:55 PM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]Of the five major Omicron-based factions (Core, Order, Outcasts, Corsairs, Nomads) The two with Dreadnoughts are the Hispanic ones. The Nomads lost the tanky Marduk when the model was changed to a more nimble, weird medium thing with tentacles. I'm all for factions getting something they put work towards. Genuine, quality effort with no serious roadblocks is a nice thing. So what I'd like to know is: Does the Core have any roleplay backing the design of this ship?

---

Thirdly, the unfortunate thing about adding a ship like this is it puts other factions at a disadvantage in the area in terms of PvP. As I said above, I'm all for factions getting nice things, even if it's at the unfortunate expense of other groups, but SOLELY if they put in a good amount of effort and invested in its production. Not just paying the person to model the ship, but doing the R&D work, the field work, the development work, the prototype and test work, the logistical grunt work - all of it.

I started roleplay for this ship but put in on halt due to personal reasons. Iirc there was a news post and there might be a project in the APM projects section. Either way, I'm not going to resume it until it gets out of limbo and the mod-side of it is complete. It has had dev approval though at least. The general plan was for the Jupiter (the moored Battleship in Alabama) to undergo a refit and redesign to become the first Megalodon.

Jupiter suddenly being named Mars etc in the past couple patches is an oversight due to a lack of communication that will be rectified (hey just like Capetown I'm seeing a pattern).

I initially sought this battleship for use in PvE and farming. The Mako has a very low cargo hold which isn't good for carrying remains and at the least before very recent changes the Mako wasn't a competent farming ship, like all light battleships. There is a method in which a solo Mako can farm, but it's quite tedious and still very difficult. I'd be hoping that the addition of this would make it more attractive to indies that don't have groups of people to help them farm, in turn increasing our indie base. This is the main reason why I have requested this ship.

The use of it in PvP is a side benefit to help tackle the gross repeat pattern of other Edge Worlds factions concluding fights, events and long-term RP by throwing RP out the window to make fairly ooRP alliances. It's kinda why Core| started giving up with Carthage because everyone else just mothballed into a silly shoot-all-zoners/core-i-c-eff-rp circlejerk that happens too often. It's extremely demotivating. If people keep insisting on treating us like Edge Worlds Gallia PvP-wise, I'm hoping that the addition of a Heavy Battleship in Core's arsenal will at least alleviate this issue a bit . It's not a perfect solution, but it's more realistic than someone getting 30~ frequently active new players in Core.

With the above in mind, I strongly disagree that this will leave people at a PvP disadvantage. As you said, factions like Corsairs and Outcasts have Heavy Battleships, so it's not like Core is disrupting the balance if it hasn't been disrupted already.

Opinion: I don't think Order needs a Heavy Battleship (Have you seen the current Geb!?). But if they did the RP (unlike the Thebes...), got a model and had approval then I couldn't complain I guess.
adding new models and ships makes things interesting. btw Geb is a BC just like bullhead, not a carrier anymore
(02-09-2018, 07:36 PM)Reddy Wrote: [ -> ]adding new models and ships makes things interesting. btw Geb is a BC just like bullhead, not a carrier anymore

An extremely overpowered BC that can take on Battleships solo, from what I've heard. It's nothing like the Bullhead. Order doesn't need a new Battleship to compensate because they're already compensating, in my opinion.
(02-09-2018, 06:55 PM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]Not just paying the person to model the ship.

What makes you think I got paid?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12