Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Model Request] Core Heavy Battleship - MEGALODON | Paying in Credits, Sci-Data, Soul
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Hi pals.

About a year or so ago we inquired about a Heavy Battleship to make our Nomad farming easier; light BSes are a bit of pain to use due to being unable to handle multiple Nom caps plus they have small cargo space, a Heavy Battleship would rectify this. Also for the sake of making farming easier, and to help manage the three-way ganks we seemingly keep getting on the receiving end of, we also requested an FWG. It has been approved.

This probably should have been added ages ago but due to me having little time I was unable to pool together all the files, including the lovely (imo) model by Unlucky_Soul. Unfortunately, even though we have the files at the ready, Unlucky's model does not meet the model standards and thus it would be prohibited from being added into the game files.

Therefore, if we want to see this project become a reality (we had even started the RP on it rip) it'll need a flashy, high quality, new model by one of you hotshot modellers out there.

What do you get in return for creating a model you ask? Well, you get a pat on the back, my eternal gratitude, and probably some money of a currently undisclosed amount depending on the quality of the work (you can suggest an amount, but be easy).

I think the biggest difficulty with something like this is trying to conceptualize the physical appearance of a Heavy BS whilst still keeping the slender fish aesthetics of the general shipline. My recommendations are the following:
  • Somewhat subtle indication that this ship has a large amount of cargo space.
  • FWG
  • Twice the size of a Mako at least
  • Perhaps a slightly bulkier shape than the traditional fish shape.

Model by :
(View in 3D)[Image: fS0vf]

(04-25-2018, 10:24 AM)Implosion Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2018, 05:04 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2018, 06:48 PM)Unlucky_Soul Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2018, 06:44 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Super secret dev Illuminati discussion held with Lythrilux regarding the Megalodon several months ago.

Well care to explain this ?? How did it get there? must be a conspiracy right??
Still doesn't explain the sudden shifting of goalpost. What a SHAME !!!!!!!

All you tried to do was make someone else look bad. A below the belt tactic.

As a matter of fact I would care to explain that. The Megalodon is listed there as "end game content", which was to be implemented in a player constructed manner with a POB module. Now that we have coders, this might actually happen. The Megalodon could certainly make an appearance in that fashion, but only once the architecture is in place to support it.

Yeah sure, do that whole PoB thing. Would this be the case for all heavy battleships? I bet it won't. There's a long history of Core content being put on hold. ( See Nauru ) There were plenty of players doing loads of lore in a span of a few years. But we never got it. So they quit and left. Meanwhile, factions get REMODELS of already existing ships. Other factions get bases and planets overnight with absolutely zero lore background whatsoever.

But, let's move to that chat.
Last I cheked, the Nomads also have a rather heavy battleship, FWGs and all that fancy shmancy. Further more, People aren't going to quit because we didn't get a battleship, people are gonna quit because of neglect.

"Let's paint the Core's snubs black and take away their names and slap some imposter fish names, that's should keep their mouths shut for a few years, at least."
"Let's slap a docking ring on Nauru after so many years, but wait, you know what, make it inactive, just so they know their place in the food chain."
"Let's COMPLETELY REMOVE A CORE BASE in a perfectly valuable location and give them some crappy excuse of an outpost in a system no one ever goes. What are they gonna do about it?"
"Oh, how about we first let them push for Meg and when it's finally done, we deny it. You know, just for kicks"

Fact to the matter is, this post wouldn't have existed if information and feedback was provided by the dev team the first time Lyth pushed for this ship. They could have shut it down then and there.
So I'm sorry, but this is absolutely hilarious. Going as far as to implement a new system for end game stuff? Really?
And you are right, Core is a small faction, I won't argue with that. But it won't get any bigger if this trend continues. I cannot possibly expect my members and leader to be motivated to bring content in the game when they know, for a fact, that it will be halted for years and denied. In that exact order.

Now then, to the next thing.
Here's are few reason why the Meg is a good idea.
  1. PvE - Self explanatory
  2. PvP - Two out of three factions in the 'crons have it. And I'm all for the Order getting a similar ship themselves.
  3. RP - Could be used as a long range carrier behind enemy lines, amongst other things
  4. Base sieges and counter sieges. ( Although this might change, as just said. But since I lack any dev info for future updates, I'm working with what I have now. )
  5. And the most important reason: The more ships this mod offers, the better. Like, that's one of the main reasons I stick around. Fresh stuff and new things to do.

We could've gone and SRP'd all sorts of heavy battleships if we wanted to, but that's not how we roll. Indies are, believe it or not, important for us. I don't aim to be some kind of unique elitist kind of a person and fly my faction's single supercool unique ship class.
I'm not trying to take a jab at you, Justin, but that's my unfiltered opinion. And yes, you said things I agree with. For example, the FWG. I'm not entirely sure that's needed, but it would certainly be nice. Plus, we both know ships with FWGs are balanced around them, are they not?
Either way, the outcome is obvious to me and I don't know why I even bothered to type all this down. The Core will deffo not get this. I'd like to apologize to Shooter for pressuring him to make the inis so we have them in time.

PS: You're contradicting yourself.
Quote:[2/8/2018 1:17:40 PM] Justin Hopkins: You may very well not be getting the Megalodon.
or
Quote:As a matter of fact I would care to explain that. The Megalodon is listed there as "end game content", which was to be implemented in a player constructed manner with a POB module. Now that we have coders, this might actually happen. The Megalodon could certainly make an appearance in that fashion, but only once the architecture is in place to support it.
i would suggest going for something like a legate or a tokugawa (please xD)

Also: Adding 500million to the pot if your model gets accepted
a Core dread would be cool to see
If this gets approved, the Order should have one too, since they are your nemesis. Luckily, they already have the "Thebes" model to use, so all that needs to be done is to balance that model with this "Megalodon".

I'll add 1 million to the pot if it gets accepted, since I'm pretty poor.
What is this, Kickstarter?

Thanks peeps.
I'll see what I can do about it. You can contact me on both skype (lyth should have mine) and discord if you have any suggestions.
Poki.
Poki x2
Don't request a FWG, because you won't get it. The devs aren't adding any new FWGs before the concept is fixed. If someone approved your request for a FWG, then they were not a dev.

This is, at least, what I was told by the PvP balance devs when I inquired about the Megalodon.
Uh, question; What is a FWG?

Oh and I hope you guys get a nice modeller for your ships!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12