Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Model Request] Core Shipline
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By now everyone has seen the fairly eh attempt to split the BHG/Core shipline(s).

The current models for The Core ships are placeholders and really need to go. They were supposed to have new models upon release, and although I wanted to seek a third party modeller to make models for them immediately, wanted to work on them. It's been about a year and we've got no models, but it's entirely fair they haven't materialized yet as Justin has had a very busy and hectic year and we can't expect him to give up his time to work on them.

That doesn't change our tenacity to have high-quality replacements of the current edgy - jnco jeans wearing and nine inch nails listening lookin' ass - models.

(12-02-2017, 02:37 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]What do you get in return for creating a model you ask? Well, you get a pat on the back, my eternal gratitude, and probably some money of a currently undisclosed amount depending on the quality of the work (you can suggest an amount, but be easy).

My recommendations for the ships are the following:
  • Marlin, Skipjack, Wahoo, Steelhead: Like the BHG shipline, except sleeker, more compact and futuristic or slightly alien. Textures should be dark colours (i.e dark blue, black), with perhaps glowmaps (or whatever it's called to show light areas).
  • Pleco, Sturgeon: Same as above. Pleco should be bulky, keeping it's FWG. The Sturgeon should be sleek and thin.

The names are so forgettable yeesh.

If you'd like to go the extra mile (come on, you know you want to) a Core transport/4.3ker would also be very nice.
Poki.
Poki x2
Squeek
Beep.
I was looking through Jinx's P3D and saw these:
AP-Line Pirhana model (something similiar to this would make a perfect light fighter)
Although this is for a Border Worlds LF, upscaling it and adding more fish/shark motifs would make for a dope gunboat with a military aesthetic.

It's come to my attention we're actually much richer than I thought, so we can throw credits at this if that'll get you interested.
Whoah, both of those ships look pretty tight. The Piranha looks like a variant of the Arrow, while the Border Worlds "LF" does look more like a good candidate for a gunboat. Perhaps the LF could be an Arrow-alike with 2 guns and superior agility, or a Hayabusa-like with 3 guns, depending on how its size is compared to other LFs.

I dig the hover craft holes on that second model, though.