Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Kusari vs Gallia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(12-04-2017, 11:43 PM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]Clearly the Civil war hasn't worked and the house desperately needs something to get activity, personally Kusari-Liberty war makes more sense and is healthier for the server than another faction for Gallia to fight.

Yup. That would be fun.
Down with Liberty plot armour.
This doesn't look like it has been written by a drunk person. You need a beer, Mep.

(12-04-2017, 11:42 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping the GMG-Rheinland war would eventually lead into a Rheinland-Kusari war, since Rheinland could easily create a beachhead in the Sigmas without making the same mistakes they did in the 80 years war. Both houses are dead and could use activity with a big war like that, while nobody really seems to care about GMG.

I hope we aren't going to be denied this, though. KNF vs RM is more fun than KNF vs GRN or LN.
The idea used to pop up in the past and been torn apart by sense about that fast as it appeared. Kusari vs Gallia wouldn't make sense mere years after Gallia rekt KNF so much the event allowed republicans a coup and forced the house into submission, validated with the Treaty of FP6. If anything, Kusari vs Liberty would make more sense.

You won't really make any activity out of clashing two dead houses either, that would be as effective as their own civil wars of each house. On the other hand, you have more chances if one of the houses involved is active, just like how it was with Gallia vs Bretonia or Gallia vs Liberty. Try Kusari vs Liberty.

Lastly, you don't really need to worry about Gallia's activity, there are more relevant and competent people to care about that, I can assure you. Things are planned, discussed, eventually set in motion, just as they've been for a while now. I can't say anyting in regards to Kusari though, as I have no insight into the story development of that house. While I agree with your points 1) and 3), I'm pretty sure a Gallia vs Kusari conflict should and will not be the way to solve these issues.

You know, instead you could have a Gallia convince a Kusari to keep Liberty busy while Gallia takes on Bretonia once the two allied houses are completely cut off.
Devs have already planned something for Kusari and there will be war. But not with Gallia.
(12-04-2017, 11:48 PM)Yaoquizque Wrote: [ -> ]Devs have already planned something for Kusari and there will be war. But not with Gallia.

Let's put in addition that Kusari OFLs are largely involved in talks and discussed EVERY option already. Patience, guys.

The Civ War is close to its end already. It is being RP'd out with me (and KuGov) and Black Smoke (as 343 rep) being the driving forces. We are already quite far and will be done in time for the next update.
Players vs devs. The race is on.
1) The Kusari Civil War is dead for several months indeed, and work has begun on its conclusion, both in terms of rp and development. The issues of Empire vs Republic, Kishiro and Samura however are not things that can be casually cast aside, for they are all based and rely on the current scenario. Careless disregard or retconning would have Dire consequences.

2) Perhaps with the recent forum advances in terms of messages and rp, the Gallic war could end it's current chapter with the Bretonian arc finale. Not my place to say it would be based upon the capitulation of Bretonia capital, or a general rout of the Gallic forces in the south theater. Up to other people, other dev channels, other factions.

3) Kusari is not divorced from the conflict against Gallia. For years the EXILES (IKN) was based on the Taus and was just another CR and Council like resistance force against Gallic military everywhere from Edinburg to Kyushu Gate. Right now, with their holdings in Kyushu more secured, the players of IKN can still under their ID harass Gallics pretty much over all major lanes in the Taus, as well as Rishiri, if I'm not mistaken. Strange no one is trying that.

There is a House Military like faction fighting inside Gallic Space, it's called the Gallic Council. Don't see indies or others throwing capitals against Lyonnais or Duphine, don't see why A Kusari faction would be a game changer.

4) In terms of inrp, no, nothing of note. Otherwise, how would you justify having a crippled Nagumo still in Kyushu, hiding, if KNF could planetdive 6 Tokugawas against the IKN positions?
Outisde of the story, there have been the cultist incursions, the catastrophic Kyushu Nomad Invasion (which almost triggered a Gallia/Kusari lolwar), and the Gas Miner 18 skirmish in Sigma-19 this past month (even though we weren't specifically invited for that).
If Valors are dormant, is either their owners are too busy with real life, or Liberty/Bretonia tactics have become a dull challenge. Perhaps (perhaps) KNF may be less inclined to tolerate GRN forces so close to home in the future, but before that you should and could improved CR, Council, and whatever shoots Gallics in Taus first. If lack of shooting Gallics is a current issue.

The voice in the back in my head uttered my first reaction to this idea. "What a convenient idea to present now, when the Sigmas are getting busy (but at the same time, not getting busy)."

Here's another radical idea: have Kusari declare war on both GMG and Rheinland, and claim Saigon, Miura, and Hammersee. Because what the heck, it would be "because it'd be good for the mod." If Kusari can be bold to take one, why it should refrain from the other two? Tongue
I totally agree with the OP.

Mostly since it seems that the coming battle will likely be a turning point in the Gallia war, and should serve as some chance for Bretonia + Allies (Liberty, which is still at war with Gallia too still) to break the momentum and push back.

So I would say that the likelihood of Kusari entering the war, even with a complete Imperial revolution consolidating power over the Republic again, would depend greatly on how things go in Bretonia. If things could/would start moving back in the other direction, I could see them joining in again as well, both to drive Gallia away from its borders, and re-solidify ties with Bretonia/Liberty. But it would be a big risk and they would only likely risk immediate war if Gallia loses its footing and is ripe for a surprise blow when they are weak.

But, wars don't go on forever. They can take years, as this one has, but eventually the speed picks up. Kusari declaring war on Gallia would quicken the pace of a counter offensive. Then, yes, the Taus and Gallic borderworlds would be on fire. This could allow us to wrap up the Gallia conflict much faster giving us the option to finally move on to another stage. Since it would eventually weaken a fresh Imperial government, they would probably expect a Bretonia/Liberty/Kusari alliance to end the war, or drive them back to Gallia much faster, so they wouldn't be stuck fighting for 5 more years.

Which is what saves this war from going stale, as stated, moving the battle zones up into Gallia and Kusari again. Especially in Gallia's case, I always envisioned a turn around that would eventually bring the combat into those lesser visited systems. It would really open up Gallia and bring the population there. Open the hermit kingdom up finally. However, this would also not last forever. Gallia could be driven out of the Taus, be on the defensive for a while, and then finally be willing to come to an cease fire or peace treaty. They don't have to lose their entire house or be occupied, but wind up back to where they started after many years of causing havoc in the colonies.

That could also allow for the possibility of a change in government in Gallia to a democracy, like what happened in Kusari.

All I will say is, if it were Bretonia to lose, I'd almost expect the same thing in reverse. The war ends, an 'occupational government' could be instilled, with an obvious 'resistance' or guerrilla movement remaining from the remnants of the BAF/BIS. It would basically knock Bretonia out of the war and cause it to be at civil war. One way or the other, I'd like to see that kind of evolution from the Gallia war eventually, on one side or the other. However it goes, it would be fun and interesting.

[Image: 25r1d83.jpg]
Breaking news :

Galia at war with Kusari
Galia at war with Bretonia

Kusari at war with Galia
Kusari at war with Liberty
Kusari at war with Rheinland

Bretonia at war with Galia
Bretonia at war with Liberty
Bretonia at war with Rheinland

Rheinland at war with Kusari
Rheinland at war with Liberty
Rheinland at war with Bretonia

Liberty at war with Kusari
Liberty at war with Rheinland
Liberty at war with Bretonia

This is how is suposed to be for maximum battle front , house shuld only be in war with house which border with, not like right now where Liberty has not even close border with Galia, so it cant raid their systems.
Screw the story, give players action they want, story dont keep mod alive, players do! Or, if you wish so bad to keep your precius story intact , at least try it as not story based event for a month, chaos war, you can even explain it with Nomad paronoid-insanity device or something.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8