Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Wyvern VHF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ship is way too small for a VHF. It's basically the Chimaera with stats that are almost the same as the Guardian (same turn rate, slightly higher core, slightly lower armor and b/b). There's little counter-balance to the fact that it is ridiculously small other than the low armor. Kusari has access to decent guns and so it's not lacking in firepower either. There isn't a reliable way to beat this when it shieldruns, or when using a lower refire setup. Dump some lights on it and you have a very small Rabisu.

tl;dr Good core + slightly low armor + average turn rate + decent guns + VERY SMALL SIZE

I could be wrong though, discuss.
[19:35:44] Hubert: aren't there fighters in game that are a lot more unbalanced
[19:36:25] Yaoquizque: wraith
[19:36:27] Yaoquizque: odin
[19:36:39] Yaoquizque: the eagle got buffed recently and is quite ridiculous
[19:36:45] Hubert: I mean, it could get a rebalance
[19:36:48] Hubert: but I'm not sure how op it is
[19:37:03] Hubert: https://p3d.in/8JG4U
[19:37:09] Hubert: I made this comparison back then
[19:37:26] Hubert: and I think I met my goal of having it between chimmy and guardian
[19:37:27] Yaoquizque: ya
[19:37:40] Hubert: also I think the teeth catch shots

Directly from your friendly Kusarian neighborhood chat.
I personally don't think it's as op as you picture it.
I think it's balanced, not had any issues with it. Shield running is cancer but anyone can do that in any ship
While I don't the ship to be as OP as you believe, I do think that it's a little underscaled. But that's the only thing to it, really.
(12-07-2017, 07:47 PM)Silverlight Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's balanced, not had any issues with it. Shield running is cancer but anyone can do that in any ship

Agreed. Besides, Kusari snubs have always been balanced towards each other first and foremost.
There may be an issue with its hit-box though.
A few shots were going through it when I shot Will's ship from point blank.

Would have to investigate further to confirm.
I think it might have to do with the crosshair on it (I'm also certain that the crosshair positioning won't allow you to take advantage of the longer wingspan than the chimaera unless you are on top/below of it diagonally, in which case you already have positioning advantage), but it is interesting to see that I do not simply get hit, flying this ship, doing absurd movements (boxing 100m away from people) compared to ships that I'm more familiar with. There are other broken ships that are clearly obnoxious, like you said, but I assumed these are getting attention, since they've been around much longer than the Wyvern.

Would be nice if people would at least test this, to see if there's anything wrong with it. I've no issue taking this and destroying Rabisus, AI drones, Odins, etc over the past week.
edit: slightly ninja'd
The Wyvern as it is, is quite fine. Maybe a bit small. Other Kusari VHFs aren't really that outclassed either, stat-wise atleast, except the size difference. (Responsiveness of the Wyvern is much better though if you ask me)

Wyvern

Powercore
Recharge
Armor
Cargo
Nanobots
Batteries
Agility

Tachi

Powercore
Recharge
Armor
Cargo
Nanobots
Batteries
Agility

Class
Irezumi

Powercore
Recharge
Armor
Cargo
Nanobots
Batteries
Agility
(12-07-2017, 08:00 PM)Yaoquizque Wrote: [ -> ]There may be an issue with its hit-box though.
A few shots were going through it when I shot Will's ship from point blank.

Would have to investigate further to confirm.

I noticed that in my recent fights too.
Agreed on the stats (more or less a variant on the Guardian), the problem is really the size. And the size does matter a lot, because of how much better it becomes at movement in general, and the kind of stunts you can pull off close to someone (and even worse, further away).
Pages: 1 2 3 4