Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Fighter Explosives (missiles + torps and mines) Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
How do you know how much 3k is? It sure as hell ain't 3 kilometers, I am sure of that.
' Wrote:How do you know how much 3k is? It sure as hell ain't 3 kilometers, I am sure of that.

For the sake of game mechanics, we can't have people in Alpha get hit by nuke blasts in New York.
Err...

Whatever your point was, nuke mines can have whatever radius we want them to and still be realistic.
Cause a "k" we do not know the size of.
In reality, the high damage blast radius of one is... 10km?

So basically, it is ok.
' Wrote:Fair enough, but by that logic, anything within 3k would be hit from the radiation and light effects.

Hence why mines don't make sense.

In vanilla Freelancer , mine launchers of various damage existed. So stop arguing about why its logical or not, it's a game, not everything is based of realism.
' Wrote:Err...

Whatever your point was, nuke mines can have whatever radius we want them to and still be realistic.
Cause a "k" we do not know the size of.
In reality, the high damage blast radius of one is... 10km?

So basically, it is ok.

Forget I said anything.
Heh ok, mind you I didn't mean to come out hostile, but nukes have sense.
' Wrote:Cause a "k" we do not know the size of.

Hmm... Starlancer also uses "k" for its distances, and I do think that they are the same.

Lets just call a "k" a keldron or something and say its a new unit of measurement.
' Wrote:How about reducing explosion radius and increasing tracking?

For torps they can then track and turn around and chase caps (who can shoot them down), whilst a direct hit is required for hitting small ships (who can use their maneuverability to their advantage).
You could then make variety in the explosives - lower damage/larger blast radius and vice versa.

You could then add torp slots to cap ships as anti-cap weapons for variety, without fear of them being abused as anti-small ship weapons.

Soo...back on topic? How about decreasing explosion radius to these things dont get used to smash fighters?
I will repeat, the missiles have fine tracking as it is. Actually, SW needed tracking reduced to hit more (it would often just somehow turn around the ship...).

Blast radius... most of the hits are direct hits, unless triggered by another blast (e.g CD triggering a minefield) or gunfire (shooting a mine when a fighter drops it). Missiles and torpedoes, except Nova, have quite small explosion radii. Nova needs a large explosion radius to retain some effectivity against capital ship shields. Mines do have a significant blast radius.
Perhaps I should qualify my statement.

I dont mean tracking as in turning speed.

I meant tracking as in detection angle.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17