Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, THANK YOU to the Dev Team for making this mod! Freelancer holds such a special place in my heart, you have no idea..
I bought the game when it first came out, and it's how I got into computers. My first PC was an off the shelf Compaq Presario, that only had on-board graphics. I bought my first video card ever from Walmart, just to run this game. So much nostalgia for me! I can't believe I didn't stumble across this mod sooner!

Well, ya'll are stuck with me now. I really want to contribute a donation of some sort as well. Point me towards a paypal donate button.

Almost forgot, my game name is Capt. Lonestar.
Welcome mate, enjoy your staying and feel free to ask for any advice's we can offer. Regards.
I will take you up on that shortly in another thread, thank you.
Welcome aboard ! It's always great to see fellow lovers of Freelancer join the madhouse. Discovery has quite a few quirks that take getting used to, but they make it all the more interesting. Never hesitate to ask about anything that bugs you, join all the factions, kill all the things, profit.
Hey howdy, neighbor! Welcome to Discovery! It's nice to hear you have an enthusiasm for this game that dates back just about as far as my history! I first played Freelancer when I was about 12 or 13 (I'm 25 now), and boy has it been an adventure ever since. I first played on a friend's machine, then about a year or so later when we moved, our own computer was obtained, which was also a Compaq off the shelf model. Smile

There are plenty of different factions to choose from, just like in the original version of the game, plus a few more that community members have spawned over the years! Or you can stick with Trent's initial choice and stay Freelancer, then see where life takes you. All factions have their own different lines of weaponry to utilize, with all weapons being more or less balanced out to be equal. In case you ever undock and get an odd "Power output reduced to x% efficiency," this handy Technology Chart should explain what each ID can use and what weapons will nerf your ship's energy regeneration (max energy is un-touched). Worry not, though! There are plenty of civilian weapons available, with each House offering different options.

Have fun, and see you in space!
~Sand_Spider
Good info, thanks fellas.
Hello