Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mission Bases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Missions in stations and bases have a wide range, from fighters to cruisers to battleship NPCs. What i'm proposing is to have some bases that only offer high level missions (4,000,000mill+ payout). many others have been talking about how they have to re-log 15times to get a lvl43 mission. While i understand that low lvl missions are done by smaller ships and new players, why not have a few bases that offer very difficult missions as well?
I think this would be neat. Perhaps select Battleship bases in House space could be the ones to offer these high level missions? As far as the Border Worlds are concerned, I guess offering missions from Freeports would make the most sense from a gameplay standpoint. Most bases in the Omicrons ought to offer purely high level missions to suggest that the area is highly dangerous.

Perhaps anti-Cult missions could be a thing in the Border Worlds? Corvos and Bustards that could potentially drop cap codes, but nothing else special so that event npcs are still the go-to source for Sci-Data and Drone Parts, as far as Cult-NPCs are concerned.
No decent paying missions are soloable.
i agree, battleship bases should give 40-43 difficulty missions
If new players want to do easier missions they can use planets or normal stations

Planets and Stations: 1-39
Battlestations - Battleships: 40-43
Titan, you forget that Battleships are supposedly dockable by small crafts, and should not offer high level missions. If anything, shipyards, which usually sell capital ships, could offer exclusively high level missions.
(12-13-2017, 04:59 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Titan, you forget that Battleships are supposedly dockable by small crafts, and should not offer high level missions. If anything, shipyards, which usually sell capital ships, could offer exclusively high level missions.

but There is no any shipyard in warzones. It would be weird to see some liberty battleship killing valor npcs in new york
Ohh, well that puts a hamper on things, then. Come to think of it, I suppose that would make better sense for shipyards to offer anti-cap missions, since mostly you would use a cap ship yourself to take those on. Otherwise, if only fighters can now dock on battleship bases, you would need a snub group member to pick up a mission for you.
What about an upsized sort of Buoy with Mooring Points, sort of like a "Mission Commission on the fly" to place near the spots where the most dangerous enemies await.
Maybe as an example: A Rogue Mission Beacon near Cassini. Or for the Core a Beacon near the Sigma Jump Hole.
Order could Keep it Close to the Nomad Jumpgate, etc.
Making a base out of it with nothing to offer, no commodities, maybe just ammo and bots/bats if anything, no ships, and just missions.
That shouldn't be too hard either, should it?
ANYTHING really, as long as I do not have to relog 20-30 times to get mission I want (One containing galic BC and BS)

Missions and PvE in general could use some love.

Those buoys bases seem like the best option to me, since that leaves normal bases unaffected. That way stuff can be tested and tweaked without a negative impact. These could be divided by mission level/difficulty and also by enemy faction. For Example I want to shoot Gallic Royal Navy, but have no interest in Outcasts or Mollys.

Now thinking about it, a FLHook command, that would only work on base (or certain base), that would allow you to set exactly what mission you want, much like pimpship:
Code:
/getmission
(show options)

/getmission setlevel 40
(Set the mission difficulty or enemy ship type.)

/getmission setenemy GaNavy
(Set enemy affiliation)

/getmission generate
(Generate missions available)

/getmission start missionID
(Starts one of the missions generated from previous command)

Or maybe, to make it simple:
/getmission difficulty enemyiff
(This would not allow you to choose where the mission takes place, but it should be near the base where you take it anyway.)

P.S.: Also, another thing related to missions, that really annoys me: You have to stay closer than 3,5K from the mission waypoint, otherwise you are considered retreating. If you fight ships, that have 3-5k range... Buffing the mission range to 6k would be so much better.
Missions as they are now are jumbled up. you get all sorts of missions from bases. a capship player needs to re-log 10+ to get a lvl43 mission because of all the choices being there, it gets tedious and boring.
i would want to log, pick up a high mission, get some buddies and pew some NPCs. i'm sure there are some type of bases that can be made to offer very hard missions.
Pages: 1 2