Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: For Honor - Open Test/Free Weekend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought this game at launch and have played 520 hours with only one hero.

They are now testing dedicated servers and are inviting people to try out the game as well:

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/...index.aspx

I highly recommend people to try it out. I was surprised how amazing it was despite not being fighting games fan.
Well - on a dedicated server it would sure work better than the standard since it's start: P2P - which was terribly cruel.
I concur. I am certainly not a fan, nor an expert, at fighting games. But this is something else entirely, it has shades of Chivalry to it, and the duels are particularly good. It'd be fun to have Disco fights !
After each new season, new heroes appeared. Heroes who were unbalanced and overpowered. It took a whole season to balance said heroes.
Meanwhile the original heroes got nerved alot. The current situation of the server connection is determined by Peer to Peer - the host is the server, and if you happen to join into a lobby with a host from Australia, while you're living in Europe....good luck.

Community has it's PvP-"Whores" just like here....and yes, they boast and brag about it, provoking you in game.
Little raging, insulting kids are also part of that community.
Duels are actually almost the best mod - if it weren't for some heroes abilities like bleeding or poison, that can get you killed easily.

In domination...don't expect a duel, don't expect others to help you, and other enemies to stay out of your duel. YOU WILL BE GANKED. It is GANK or BE GANKED.
Aside from that. STAY AWAY from edges, holes and pits. A push or ability can easily instantkill you. Fire will hurt you, if you are pushed into it. There are also other enviorment hazards.

Aside from that, the concept of the game is quite nice, the engine as well, mechanics as well - but a little buggy at times.
Lots of character individualization and effects - also cool.

The cinematic trailers and intros of this game of course made the game look better than it actually is - and caused overhyping.
i alse started playing it one week ago. its very nice. the fighting is more of a pvp feel wich i dont like but i do like that it is good looking, you develop skill and you have lots of costumisation.
i have a friend with whom i play and he has some stuff bought but i beat him
(12-13-2017, 02:42 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]I bought this game at launch and have played 520 hours with only one hero.

They are now testing dedicated servers and are inviting people to try out the game as well:

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/...index.aspx

I highly recommend people to try it out. I was surprised how amazing it was despite not being fighting games fan.

So it's worth playing now? I really liked its look and gameplay I saw from videos. With some aid from a 520hrs pro like u I might even get into it ^^. Btw is this Deus Vult meme still a thing?
Deus Vult is still strong meme!

I can show you the basics of the game, although I am mainly playing Warden myself, so champion-specifics usually can be found on youtube tutorials.
(12-28-2017, 02:55 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Deus Vult is still strong meme!

I can show you the basics of the game, although I am mainly playing Warden myself, so champion-specifics usually can be found on youtube tutorials.

Do you play with mouse+keyboard or controller? I have no controller and it would sure be nice to know if its playable with keyboard+mouse. Also is there a defference between steam version and the one you linked?
I play with mouse and it is just fine.