Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Do you want to learn alchemy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How many of you are interested in learning about alchemy (animated effects for fl) and if so, do you understand the other guides out there/how much do you comprehend it?

I need to know if its worth my time to do a thing/how much interest there is and i need to know what kind of terminology I can use

Post here if you're interested

Edit: forget to ask preference for visual learning or written guide
I had a quick look at Treewyrm's alchemy tutorial, that very long PDF, and figured any other modding department would be easier to work with, so I gave up on that. Meanwhile, I get the feeling it's less complicated than it looks, just like THN editing. If you'd write a beginner's guide on stuff like creating alternative cloak effects for example, I'd love it, since I need a unique one for the cloak I got. I was planning to use the Osiris effect, just with another texture and less fluff. One ring forwards, one backwards.
Forgot to add a question about whether you prefer being a visual learner (video/screenshots etc) or if you prefer written or live streaming
I think tutorial videos are the most relaxed way for you to show things off. The problem with screenshots is that they'll be gone in five years, while YouTube has proven to be more consistent. Step-by-step screenshots are nice, but you'll have an easier time making a video and just add comments to the screen in the YT-Editor.
I do some random things on my own but there is always that randomness in my work. I would like to learn how to do it properly from you
(12-14-2017, 11:07 AM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]Forgot to add a question about whether you prefer being a visual learner (video/screenshots etc) or if you prefer written or live streaming

Live stream would be awesome. We could ask questions in real time ^^
I know the in's and out's of FL, but it's a wall of text headache so no.... But i said yes because I know how.