Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Star Citizen sued
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This lawsuit is a valid reason for delaying the game another 10 years. Chris really needs our support. Be strong, Chris!
I mean, when anyone who has paid for Star Citizen stuff, paid for it, they should have realized that a game of this magnitude was going to take a few years. This isn't a project that's run by a triple-A company that's in it for the money, this is basically a giant indie-game project. Time and time again, the Star Citizen community as a whole has been supportive of the "do it right, don't rush it" mindset. Version 3.0 is right around the corner, which means planetary landing will soon be a thing. Yes, it has taken about five years, but realize that this is a project the size of which no one has tackled before, done all by an independent gaming company. They're basically putting together a bunch of games into one package. A space-shooter; a FPS; a sand-box exploration; a space-trucker game; a social experience; a racing sim.

Star Citizen is already a lot of things and you can do a decent amount already, and yet people here cry out it's a scam. Do folks not see that they are working on it? You sign a box stating that you recognize the game to be in an alpha state when you purchase anything. It's basically further crowd-funding the game every time someone buys something.

Keep in mind that Microsoft made Chris Roberts release Freelancer before it was finished. It took years for players to find all of the bugs from vanilla - I remember how Corsair shield busters used to have invisible projectiles, and the neutron star in Omega-41 had no pulsar effect.

Regarding the lawsuit, I thought Star Citizen had already moved its assets out of the Crysis Engine?
I am on Chris' side. ever since purchasing free lancer back in 98 I have only ever wanted a sequal to the amazing idea of the game. Star citizen is everything I have hoped for and more. And it constantly get better. Even if its a little slow the modifications they show each year give us a closer look at an alternate reality in a digital world. this game will become a historic bar for future games. where everything we as players do affect game play. This is a privilege to see happen and yes I have been a supporter since the first packages were up on line.
Friendly reminder that Freelancer is only good because Roberts got kicked out midway through the dev process.
It looked rather similar to this already mid way. There's just features and story parts missing. So that's not really something I'd trust.
(12-15-2017, 05:35 PM)Devastator Wrote: [ -> ]I am on Chris' side. ever since purchasing freelancer back in 98

I'm trying to understand what this means. At first, I thought you meant Starlancer, but that was released in 2000, and Freelancer was released in 2003. Is 98 a version number for a mod? I''m very confused.
In all honesty, I'll EleGiggle if it ends up with the same story as Freelancer
It won't. If anything people should see parallels to Wing Commander.
No, I meant it in sence of lawsuits, development proccess and sponsorship. Not a game itself.
Good news! Maybe they realize it is about time to finish this game already... I am bored of their ads and their highly announced so called fan meetings for an unfinished product.
Pages: 1 2 3 4