Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Merging AU8 into hulls by default
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(12-17-2017, 11:28 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]I think getting rid of low level armor and simply buffing all hulls by 2.5 and balancing remaining heavy and capital armors to account for it would give new players much required survivability before they either know about how AU8 is mandatory or get enough money for it. I see that as the biggest gameplay flaw that inhibits new player enjoyment in the beginning.

Fifteen millions for each AU8 is providing trading/mining requirement when setting ships up. But is that more beneficial seeing all new players getting annihilated while they remain armorless for a long time?

Opinions?
My Arrow is getting harder than Battletoads.

All the +1
Agreed, +1 from me.
How about making AUs a reward from missions? Or maybe drop from NPCs?
(12-17-2017, 11:53 AM)ronillon Wrote: [ -> ]How about making AUs a reward from missions? Or maybe drop from NPCs?

It would not fix the root issue.
I think we should buff the ship's hull accordingly, but also increase the price. VHFs would cost ~20m. HFs 15m and so on.
(12-17-2017, 11:54 AM)Traxit Wrote: [ -> ]I think we should buff the ship's hull accordingly, but also increase the price. VHFs would cost ~20m. HFs 15m and so on.

That would make experimenting with different ships too expensive and severely limit choices for new players that don't have hundred millions in banks.
(12-17-2017, 11:54 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2017, 11:53 AM)ronillon Wrote: [ -> ]How about making AUs a reward from missions? Or maybe drop from NPCs?

It would not fix the root issue.

It would still give new players the ability to have some level of armour while they level up. I like this idea.
(12-17-2017, 11:55 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2017, 11:54 AM)Traxit Wrote: [ -> ]I think we should buff the ship's hull accordingly, but also increase the price. VHFs would cost ~20m. HFs 15m and so on.

That would make experimenting with different ships too expensive and severely limit choices for new players that don't have hundred millions in banks.

First, you can experiment with ships in Singleplayer, there are 3-4 basic commands that'll help you. Secondly, there needs to be a moneysink, I wouldn't want total newbies selling six hauls of Helium Ore just to buy an Eagle and start shooting all red they see, without roleplay.
I see no real difference between people playing one hour to grind the money for the first ship and people playing three hours to get the first ship with AU8.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6