Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I had a dream....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I imagined a freelancer with battleship Battlestar, with Barge, with fighter torpedos, with multiple box windows, with jump drives that occupy little cargo space, with cloaks that don’t consume batteries but fuel,in this utopian universe, ships could be enhanced in speed and power output, marines and other soldiers, could defend/attack bases, player bases could evolve to core 10, and be built and maintained by one char. Did anyone had a similar dream? It looks like reality of discovery nowadays is so far from this there are less and less people playing, and I’m afraid it will lead to its extinction. Unless....
(12-18-2017, 12:53 PM)Zehntor Wrote: [ -> ]Unless....
Someone else spends time to work on your dreams to come true. Right?
But... Isnt it nicer to just be able to work on stuff and achieve things instead?
I would think it is more boring when you can get anything instantly
I think it would be nice if we could get a few things back.
I miss the Good Gunboat missiles.. the ones that only consumed energy and were effective against smaller vessels.. those were good times.
Quote:I imagined a freelancer with battleship Battlestar, with Barge, with fighter torpedos

Keep dreaming.
(12-19-2017, 04:15 AM)Mattimo86 Wrote: [ -> ]I miss the Good Gunboat missiles.. the ones that only consumed energy and were effective against smaller vessels.. those were good times.

This would be a great idea. i think something similar is in works, i heard rumors
Well that is how they use to work.
(12-18-2017, 12:53 PM)Zehntor Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like reality of discovery nowadays is so far from this there are less and less people playing, and I’m afraid it will lead to its extinction. Unless....

Recently I've seen a number of threads bemoaning Discovery's dwindling population, but this just isn't the case. In terms of the number of people playing the game, the population has actually increased recently, and is higher than it was at the same time last year as shown by this graph of max player count per day (archive)*. Obviously the community is smaller than it was several years ago, and it remains to be seen whether this upwards trend continues, but these doom and gloom threads are unhelpful, as they serve only to drive away potential new players. We should be able to discuss gameplay without resorting to lazy pessimism.

* The end of the graph looks weird, presumably because of a bug in flserver.de's code, but you can verify the numbers by looking at the monthly chart.
Well I joined recently and intending to stay around Smile
Pages: 1 2