Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: FULL RUSSIA-SPEAK IN COALITION!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yes, yes, you realized that this idea. Why would players from the Coalition not use Russian at will? And not with fragments, but with full sentences. Just like improving in the RP it would be a cool idea.
Because it'd make it difficult to understand the RP. It'd be nice, yes, but the thing is that RP is as much a participation thing as it is a exercise in reading a story.
Mostly because people wouldn't be able to understand them anymore.
(12-19-2017, 11:41 AM)Nodoka Hanamura Wrote: [ -> ]Because it'd make it difficult to understand the RP. It'd be nice, yes, but the thing is that RP is as much a participation thing as it is a exercise in reading a story.

Lol, what's the problem? The coalition is another state. If you can understand the situation with Rheiland, Kusari, Liberty and Gallia (where all states speak some kind of jargon), then the Coalition is a separate state from Sirius, who, as I understand, has his own language that differs significantly from Gallia, for example.

Well, and ask the RP to speak English no one interferes.
We have enough problems with the language barrier on forums already. If people start to use their favourite/native language ingame all day, the benefits would be minimal while the trouble would be over 9000. Remember that the admins need to go through logs every now and then, and not all of them can speak russian/chinese/japanese/french/german/spanish/latin/dublin.
(12-19-2017, 11:47 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]We have enough problems with the language barrier on forums already. If people start to use their favourite/native language ingame all day, the benefits would be minimal while the trouble would be over 9000. Remember that the admins need to go through logs every now and then, and not all of them can speak russian/chinese/japanese/french/german/spanish/latin/dublin.

Not. I do not say anything about forums. I'm talking about the game from the inside. That is, in the forums negotiations will go, as usual, in English. And in the game you can speak Russian.
(12-19-2017, 11:51 AM)Mr.Mike. Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2017, 11:47 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]We have enough problems with the language barrier on forums already. If people start to use their favourite/native language ingame all day, the benefits would be minimal while the trouble would be over 9000. Remember that the admins need to go through logs every now and then, and not all of them can speak russian/chinese/japanese/french/german/spanish/latin/dublin.

Not. I do not say anything about forums. I'm talking about the game from the inside. That is, in the forums negotiations will go, as usual, in English. And in the game you can speak Russian.

No. You cannot and you won't be able to freely speak foreign language when RP is taking place because this is SciFi game where everyone supposed to have fun and having no clue what other players are speaking to you is absolutely no fun. If you fail to see futility in this idea, then it is obvious you lack experience in online games.
(12-19-2017, 11:58 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]

No. You cannot and you won't be able to freely speak foreign language when RP is taking place because this is SciFi game where everyone supposed to have fun and having no clue what other players are speaking to you is absolutely no fun. If you fail to see futility in this idea, then it is obvious you lack experience in online games.

Look: I have enough experience in online games. Even more than. But only here I saw how the Russian players are pressed because of their ignorance of English, and those great "critics" themselves in Russian do not know how to say anything normal.

I just thought that the idea makes sense. If this is RP, then, in fact, we have to act out behavior the way we would act in reality (being in the game universe). I do not think that being in the Coalition, I would speak English.

You literally just prove that you didn't understand what I wrote. Don't bother, it won't happen.
(12-19-2017, 12:02 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]

You literally just prove that you didn't understand what I wrote. Don't bother, it won't happen.

I understood what you meant.
Pages: 1 2 3 4