Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Languages of Sirius
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
According to information on Discowiki, the official languages spoken around Sirius are French, English, Japanese, German, Spanish, Italian (although I pressume Outcasts and Corsairs rather speak form of Creole made from both). The minor languages seem to be Arabic, Russian, Romanian and Chinese brough by the Coalition. I'd poke up Neo-Celtic as Molly re-invention. There's also an information on Discowiki that Dutch also exists in here.

What other languages could be in use?

Username removed

(12-19-2017, 08:38 PM)Toris Wrote: [ -> ]According to information on Discowiki, the official languages spoken around Sirius are French, English, Japanese, German, Spanish, Italian (although I pressume Outcasts and Corsairs rather speak form of Creole made from both). The minor languages seem to be Arabic, Russian, Romanian and Chinese brough by the Coalition. I'd poke up Neo-Celtic as Molly re-invention. There's also an information on Discowiki that Dutch also exists in here.

What other languages could be in use?

Where is Dutch?!
Kusari probably brought along some people from Korea and SEA, so Korean and Indonesian could be two. Same with Liberty, what with America being multicultural, but more for the former than the latter.
Dutch is a minority. I know of a few IND characters that used Dutch as well as a few RFP| Characters that RPed in Dutch
(12-19-2017, 08:40 PM)Ivan Norovich Wrote: [ -> ]Where is Dutch?!

According to this, Rheinland. But I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out as language used by Zoners. (Seriously, they would pretty much fit role of Space Dutchmen.)

Myself, I like to believe that lingua franca around Core-affiliated Omicrons is Afrikaans. Cape Town. Kapstadt/Kaapstad. Go figure.
I doubt there is any lore for that in-game.
(12-19-2017, 08:44 PM)Toris Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2017, 08:40 PM)Ivan Norovich Wrote: [ -> ]Where is Dutch?!

According to this, Rheinland. But I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out as language used by Zoners. (Seriously, they would pretty much fit role of Space Dutchmen.)

Myself, I like to believe that lingua franca around Core-affiliated Omicrons is Afrikaans. Cape Town. Kapstadt/Kaapstad. Go figure.

Makes Sense
CR could speak all the balcan languages and greek+ turkish

Hint hint: "Sabah" Shipyard
There is no "Romanian" in the Coalition at all.
The only language other than English that Core/Omicronis speaks is Latin.
Pages: 1 2