Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Designing a Trade Tutorial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While I'm off server for a week, I'll be designing a comprehensive trade tutorial, which will include all the necessary information needed to become the ultimate trader, starting from when you log for the first time on Discovery GC.

So, can any of you give me some of your tips and tricks so I can quote them in the tutorial? I need the support of at least a few of you in order to have any sort of credibility whatsoever.

Also, suggestions on how you'd like it to be written are also welcome. Once I post it, I want all the criticism you can give me as well, since I'm new to making tutorials.

I don't want to end up mediocre like this guy.
How much experience you have in trading and pirating ( if your tutorial will cover that section)?
I think all it needs is a list of interesting trade routes for certain factions. I wonder if there have been people who were really in need of a trading tutorial apart from suggestions for good trade routes. I often stumble across Whale indies who don't know what trade routes you can do with a Whale, or they only know the Deuterium-Iridium route, which is a less profitable route than others that are more safe.
Edit: I have been 5k trading for years now.

I have been in around 200 pirate encounters in my career, so I know my stuff on that. I even know how pirates will act according to their specific faction and what type of cargo you're carrying. I've RPed with pirates around 50 times, and most of them have been enjoyable.

My tutorial will cover a lot about pirates and how to properly interact with one to make the most out of it.