Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: In-game system infocards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We really should make in-game system infocards containing the fact there is House Space, House Sovereign and Outer Outer Space division between the systems. This could heavily reduce amount of players arguing that Junker ID cannot pirate in certain systems in e.g. Pennsylvania whereas they are allowed to do that, at least according to the Ships and System Classification inside Server Rules.
This classification is already too hard for new players, It needs simpler approach all together, instead of infocards.
My idea was rather connected to the fact that player can see writing about the system upon entering it. And, as proved by some sanctions in regard to Nagano (it was listed as Tau Borderworlds in-game BUT was actually Kusari) two or three years ago, players seem to check infocards rather than system classification thread.

Maybe giving out all the proper information in the IDs? Junker and Hogosha IDs are pretty much confusing when these approach the guys who have no idea about system classification, because there are systems that seems to be House Space but they actually aren't. Also, not everyone is aware that Zoner ID can dock anywhere in Pennsylvania with their 5kers - so it also touches aspect of Zoner ID as well.

I mean, BIS, Privateer and similiar IDs have a line "Gallic Borderworlds". Such a term doesn't really exist inside rules. And it hasn't changed for years.

I thought about listing every single system would be better to solve such issues, but bothersome for Admins.