Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gold in Dublin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folks! I'm in a Hegemon miner trying to mine gold in Dublin but coming up empty. I've been blasting rocks in the independent field near the Hood with my heavy mining array and while I've gotten some good loot off the pirates in the area, I haven't picked up a single scrap of gold. What am I doing wrong?
You want to look for minable regions, the navmap made by Space (https://space.discoverygc.com/navmap/) can show where these are - from the looks of it, there's one in sector E2, just northwest of the New London Jumphole.
Hey, check this out! You can see where's the field exactly, so you don't have to look for it. Also, don't forget about this. Educate yourself about perfect ship/ID/ore as it makes all the difference in the world.
The first thing you need is a set of Heavy Mining Arrays in turret slots 1-4. Next is to ensure you have either a Miner ID or a Bretonia Mining and Metals ID (The latter has a better gold mining rate, but the former can mine anything, anywhere). Once that's all good to go, pull up your navmap and click the pick axe icon. That will highlight mining areas for you! Once inside the highlighted area, make sure you shoot the breakable asteroids with only your mining lasers.

After all that, you'll be in business! Note that in rare circumstances, some fields could deplete to low reserves. If this happens, it will replenish over time - usually it may take hours.
Wow thanks for the fast replies! Looks like I was missing the minable zone. And thanks for the links to the navmap that is incredibly helpful!