Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To plan to gnaw at the tree of truth..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
More serpents there are, beneath the ash
Than an unwise ape would think;
Goin and Moin - Grafvitnir's sons,
Grabak and Grafvolluth,
Ofnir and Svafnir - shall ever, methinks,
Gnaw at the twigs of the tree (Yggdrasil).

- 34th Stanza of Grimnismol, a entry of the Poetic Edda.

Mooring Concourse M1, Freeport 11, Omicron Delta

Honya awaits Nerva and the others at the Concourse. She is wearing a long kimono and traditional kusarian wooden sandals, her hair done up in a ponytail, while retaining her bangs, the Kimono a blue and purple ombre with flower outlines adorned along it. Alexei stands next to her in his uniform, patches of the Freeport's seal and emblem of the CoF emblazoned on his right arm. The usual traffic runs about the concourse, loading and unloading goods from ships. He rubs his beard for a second and turns to Honya. "How many are coming?" he asks her, curious about the arrivals.

"At most, seven. Has the restaurant on Concourse A prepared the food for our friends?" she replies. "Da, but I still wonder why we'll be having food for a briefing." Alexei says, confused about the approach. "One must dine well before they dive into hell." Honya answers her compatriot, smiling and nodding her head slightly once. "Where'd you hear that?" Alexei retorts. " A saying I came up with." Honya replies. "Aah. Irregardless, I'm looking forward to it. I've never had Kusarian Cuisine, as such, I asked for a Chef's Pallete in advance." Alexei says, grinning to his friend, as they wait for the arrivals.
The five members of Harpy Squad make their way from the Hecate to the Concourse with Seline in the lead, both she and Mark are wearing matching outfits, Leather jackets with the insignia of the Squadron, Heavy denim pants and Combat boots. Noel and Jason are both wearing business suits her's a dark red, his is a simple black, Noel's waist length auburn hair is done up in a single braid. And Birdie is wearing a pair of blue jeans and a Purple T-shirt with an image of a old Terran F-14 on the front.

Upon seeing Honya, a bright smile appears on Seline's Face. "It's great to see you again Honya." "It just sucks about why we're having to meet." Birdie adds, her hands resting behind her head "With you calling us here I'm guessing the Shinola just hit the fan."
Honya bows. "Yes, we're approaching a difficult time, but Hanamura-sensei would like you to enjoy yourselves prior to the discussion. As such, we have something for you all. Once all parties in attendance are here, we will proceed to the Administration annex." She says, only for Alexei to speak up. "I'm Alexei Miranov. Head of Maintenance on Freeport 11, It's nice to meet you all in person." He says, bowing his head to the personnel of Harpy Squadron. "All we are waiting for is Mr. Regis and Ms. Upsilon's adjutant... Kryn, was it?" he says, turning his head to Honya. "Yes. We are also leaving a seat open for Diana-san." she replies, only to put a face of concern on Alexei. "Her.. isn't she the wacko whose nommie friend apparently harmed bride?" he says, whispering to Honya, out of audible range of the Harpies. Honya returns the same gesture in order to respond. "Hai, but she could be useful.. at least, that's what Hanamura-sensei said."
Jump finished - arrived at destination - Freeport 11

After Unity finished mooring with Freeport 11, Nerva starts heading out to the Concourse. Behind him, floating half a meter above the floor, two drones filled with medical supplies closely follow him. Since his last time on Freeport 11, Nerva changed quite a lot... especially since his visit on Gammu. Fortunately, the changes are impossible to be detected by technology that is not Gammuian. This time he was wearing what looked like the suits that spec ops would use. A long white coat made out of nano-fiber material was hiding everything.

Welp, this looks better then the last time I was here.

Nerva see Honya and her quests.

I guess it's time to meet the others...
Honya notices Nerva approach, and waves to him. "Nerva-kun! Kocchi-kocchi!" She says, calling for him to approach the group. "It's good to see you again.. How have you been?" she asks, curious about what he has been up to. Alexei looks to Nerva. "This is Mr. Regis? Expected someone older, to be honest." he says, tilting his head slightly. "Where's Bride?" he continues, asking Honya. "With Hanamura-sensei, she will be down shortly."
After the quick introductions, everyone resumes talking about the matter at hand.
While everyone was discussing the best way to approach it, Nerva goes to Nonya and asks her: " Soo, where should I deliver all this medical equipment?"
He does not manage to finish his sentence, when Nodoka followed by Bride arrive to meet them all.

Nodoka tells Nerva that he can deliver them to the closes medical bay. Eager to join the other, Nerva goes to quickly deliver the equipment. The short journey will also give him some time to asses the team that he has been created by Nodoka.
"It's a pleasure to meet you in person Professor." Seline raises an eyebrow just as surprised at Nerva's age as Alexei.
Mark heads over to Bride and hugs her "Hey Bride, mind if we speak in private? Got something to show you." While they talk Noel and Jason walk to meet Nodoka, Noel offering a handshake "And you are Ms Hanamura." She flashes a confident smile "I've heard good things about you, I look forward to working with you in your endeavors." Jason places his hands in his pockets and chuckles. "The Hecate and her crew are at the ready Hanamura. Also, Birdie has little show room set up with quite a few weapons, energy based, sonic, even some Slug Throwers for us to look through."
Nodoka approaches and directs those moving the goods from Nerva's ship to Concourse C in the upper levels. She then comes closer to the group and accepts their greetings, and responds in kind, a slightly friendly look on her face, something unusual, if it were not for the circumstances. She wears her usual nanoweave armor suit, presenting her body in all its' glory, the suit very form-fitting, matching every curve. "Miss Soraya, it's a pleasure to meet you as well. Honya has spoken well of you - a Ex-member of the Royal Guard of the Gallic crown, expert in CQC - you'll come in quite handy for this." She says, her smile growing as she greets Noel. Bride is relatively quiet until Mark hugs her. She blushes quite a bit, before realizing his question. "Oh.. uh, no, I don't mind.. lead the way." Nodoka turns to Jason as Mark leads Bride away. "Mr. Alberts, we can gladly meet down in the Hecate once we've had the briefing in the Meeting room. I for one have a personal collection of old earth weapons, one of which was from my time there." She says, her hand on her pistol holster, inside, a Mateba Unica 6, her signature revolver. Alexei speaks up, grabbing the attention of Nodoka and Honya. "All we have left is the Captain-Adjutant of the Akhmim, unless you'd rather we start without her." Nodoka looks around for a second and pulls out her tablet. "No response from her, and radar doesn't show the Akhmim in range, so either she's cloaked or a no-show. If she comes in late, she comes in late." Nodoka says, her focus momentarily taken away from the tablet for a second. She continues further - "Once Bride and Mark are done, Honya, bring them to the meeting room. I need to go make final preparations." "Hai, Hanamura-sensei." Honya responds, bowing to her as Nodoka moves to the lift, the heels of her long boots still audible in the bustling area.
Birdie glances at Nodoka's side arm and whistles "Damn, after eight hundred years it still works? Props the manufacturer for that quality." Jason nods in agreement. "Yes it is quite impressive that it lasted this long. And I must thank you Ms Hanamura for getting the Port authority to give me the logs I asked for."
Meanwhile not far from the group, Mark walks with Bride. "Sorry for pulling you away but uh... Well, Jason and Birdie convinced me to do this and Alberts payed for the whole thing but..." He turns to her, sighing and putting his right hand on his face. A mischievous grin appears and he quickly lifts up his eye patch revealing a new eye, the iris slightly bluer then his left. "So, what do ya think? Jason got in contact with one of his old collage buddies who works for Cryer to see what they could do, it's grown kinda like your body, only on a smaller scale. Not gonna lie, still getting used to it... But it's nice to have a full field of view again. He chuckles. "I just figured that it's time to stop clinging on that hate and anger I felt after Carthage, and try as I might... It did effect my piloting skills, so after those two kept encouraging me I finally went in and got it done.
Bride hugs her boyfriend tight, smiling. "It's good to have my Honey in one piece again. Now you can blast some ass on par with the rest of us." she says with a small giggle and a huge grin on her face. "It's so good to see you in person, Mark." she says, before looking to the group. "We best head on back, Mark, don't want to keep the others waiting." She continues.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12